HC stays SCC Mayor Arif’s suspension order
DHAKA : The High Court today stayed the government order suspending Sylhet City Corporation (SCC) Mayor Ariful Haque Chowdhury from his office for being accused in a criminal case.
“After today’s order, there is no legal bar for him in observing his duty as SCC Mayor,” said defence counsel Abdul Halim Kafi.
A High Court division bench comprising Justice Syed Muhammad Dastagir Husain and Justice Md Ataur Rahman Khan passed the order after holding hearing on writ petition filed by Chowdhury.
Ministry of Local Government, Rural Development & Cooperatives on January 7, 2015, suspended him as his name came in the charge sheet submitted in former finance minister Shah ASM Kibria murder trial.
More News »
- Rape charge: Actor Tanvir Tonu sent to jail
- Hidden sex lives of Iranians revealed in Cannes film
- Jacqueline to decide look for hosting Bieber in India
- Baahubali 2: The Conclusion (2017) Watch Online Hindi Dubbed Full Movie
- Lucky Akhand laid to rest
- Homage paid to Lucky Akhand
- Bubly returns home from hospital, to join shooting
- Photo Album: Shakib-Apu-Abram
- Everything kept secret for Apu’s career: Shakib Khan (Live)
- Shakib-Apu's secret marriage sparks web sensation
- Apu Biswas is my wife, Abraham my son: Shakib Khan
- Child’s mine, but I didn’t marry Apu: Shakib Khan
- Apu took 'Islam' to marry Shakib
- Apu Biswas Live with Shakib Khan's Baby
- Aamir not to release Dangal in Pakistan without national anthem