HC starts hearing death reference, Oishee’s pleas
Dhaka: The High Court on Sunday started hearing the death reference, and the appeal of condemned convict Oishee Rahman against her death penalty awarded to her for killing her parents — police officer Mahfuzur Rahman and his wife Swapna Rahman — in 2013.
An HC bench of Justice Jahangir Hossain and Md Jahangir Hossain started the hearing.
Deputy Attorney General Jahirul Haque Jahir read out the paper book of the case before the court.
Earlier on November 12 in 2015, Judge Syed Ahmed of the Speedy Trial Tribunal-3 sentenced Oishee Rahman to death for killing her parents. The tribunal also fined her Tk 20,000.
Later, the relevant documents reached the ‘death reference’ section of the HC on November 19.
Besides, the tribunal sentenced Mizanur Rahman Rony to two years’ imprisonment and fined him Tk 5,000, in default, to suffer one month more jail while acquitted Asaduzzaman Johny.
On August 16, 2013, police recovered the bodies of SB Inspector Mahfuzur Rahman and his wife Swapna Rahman from their Chamelibagh residence in the capital.
Later, Oishee surrendered to police confessing to her involvement in the killing.
On December 6, 2015, the condemned convict Oishee filed an appeal with the High Court against the tribunal verdict.
More News »
- Rape charge: Actor Tanvir Tonu sent to jail
- Hidden sex lives of Iranians revealed in Cannes film
- Jacqueline to decide look for hosting Bieber in India
- Baahubali 2: The Conclusion (2017) Watch Online Hindi Dubbed Full Movie
- Lucky Akhand laid to rest
- Homage paid to Lucky Akhand
- Bubly returns home from hospital, to join shooting
- Photo Album: Shakib-Apu-Abram
- Everything kept secret for Apu’s career: Shakib Khan (Live)
- Shakib-Apu's secret marriage sparks web sensation
- Apu Biswas is my wife, Abraham my son: Shakib Khan
- Child’s mine, but I didn’t marry Apu: Shakib Khan
- Apu took 'Islam' to marry Shakib
- Apu Biswas Live with Shakib Khan's Baby
- Aamir not to release Dangal in Pakistan without national anthem