HC orders not to put leg shackles on accused in court
DHAKA : The High Court today ordered authorities concerned not put leg shackles on accused while producing them before court.
“The court passed the order as deputy inspector general (DIG) Prisons Md Tauhidul Islam appeared before the court and submitted his explanation in this regard. The court said the authorities can put leg shackles on accused while ferrying them from and to court for the sake of security,” said advocate Sabina Ahmed Moli of Supreme Court Legal Aid Office.
The High Court on February 7 issued a rule asking as to why it shall not grant bail 10 accused languishing in jail without trials. The court also ordered to produce the accused on February 23 before it.
Following the court’s order the accused were produced before it on that day. But of the accused Habibur Rahman alias Ismail, Moniruzzaman alias Munna, Nasir Uddin and Gias Uddin were produced before the court with leg shackles.
The court on the day had summoned the DIG Prisons over the matter and asked him to submit his explanation in person.
Today the prison official appeared before the court and pleaded unconditional apology.
More News »
- সকাল বেলা যে খাবারে ছেলেদের বীর্যের পরিমান বেশি হয়। জানুন কিভাবে খাবেন। ছেলেদের জানা দরকার।
- Rape charge: Actor Tanvir Tonu sent to jail
- Hidden sex lives of Iranians revealed in Cannes film
- Jacqueline to decide look for hosting Bieber in India
- Baahubali 2: The Conclusion (2017) Watch Online Hindi Dubbed Full Movie
- Lucky Akhand laid to rest
- Homage paid to Lucky Akhand
- Bubly returns home from hospital, to join shooting
- Photo Album: Shakib-Apu-Abram
- Everything kept secret for Apu’s career: Shakib Khan (Live)
- Shakib-Apu's secret marriage sparks web sensation
- Apu Biswas is my wife, Abraham my son: Shakib Khan
- Child’s mine, but I didn’t marry Apu: Shakib Khan
- Apu took 'Islam' to marry Shakib
- Apu Biswas Live with Shakib Khan's Baby