Hajj pre-registration begins
DHAKA : The pre-registration of intending hajj pilgrims for the year 2017 under the government management began today, an official handout here said.
Religious Affairs Minister Principal Motiur Rahman formally inaugurated the pre-hajj registration activities at a press conference at his ministry’s conference room.
Talking to newsmen after inauguration of the activities, the minister said the government introduced last year the pre-hajj registration system with the electronic hajj management of Saudi Arabian authority to make hajj management transparent, accountable and dynamic.
Last year, a total of 1,40,994 people completed their pre-hajj registrations for performing hajj and out of them, 1,01,829 pilgrims went to Saudi Arabia to perform hajj, he said. The rest of the pre-hajj registered pilgrims would get priority this year for performing hajj, the minister said.
Religious Affairs Secretary M Abdul Jalil and officials concerned were present.
More News »
- Rape charge: Actor Tanvir Tonu sent to jail
- Hidden sex lives of Iranians revealed in Cannes film
- Jacqueline to decide look for hosting Bieber in India
- Baahubali 2: The Conclusion (2017) Watch Online Hindi Dubbed Full Movie
- Lucky Akhand laid to rest
- Homage paid to Lucky Akhand
- Bubly returns home from hospital, to join shooting
- Photo Album: Shakib-Apu-Abram
- Everything kept secret for Apu’s career: Shakib Khan (Live)
- Shakib-Apu's secret marriage sparks web sensation
- Apu Biswas is my wife, Abraham my son: Shakib Khan
- Child’s mine, but I didn’t marry Apu: Shakib Khan
- Apu took 'Islam' to marry Shakib
- Apu Biswas Live with Shakib Khan's Baby
- Aamir not to release Dangal in Pakistan without national anthem