Gunfight by outlaws in Pabna kills one
Pabna : A regional leader of the outlawed Purba Banglar Communist Party (ML) was killed in a gunfight with his rivals at Dhalarchar of Bera upazila in Pabna early Wednesday.
The deceased was identified as Nistar Hossain, 40, chief of ‘Nistar Bahini’ and son of Yeasin, a resident of Katlia Khaschar village in Sadar upazila.
Tajul Huda, officer-in-charge of Aminpur Police Station, said they had information around 3:30am that a gun battle broke out between two outfits — Julhas Bahini and Nistar Bahini — in the area over establishing supremacy in the locality.
A police team then rushed to the spot and found Nistar’s body lying on the spot while the members of both the outfits fled the scene.
The law enforcers recovered two firearms, three bullets and some sharp weapons from the spot.
Nistar was wanted in 13 cases, including the one for killing three policemen in Dhalarchar, the OC added.
More News »
- Rape charge: Actor Tanvir Tonu sent to jail
- Hidden sex lives of Iranians revealed in Cannes film
- Jacqueline to decide look for hosting Bieber in India
- Baahubali 2: The Conclusion (2017) Watch Online Hindi Dubbed Full Movie
- Lucky Akhand laid to rest
- Homage paid to Lucky Akhand
- Bubly returns home from hospital, to join shooting
- Photo Album: Shakib-Apu-Abram
- Everything kept secret for Apu’s career: Shakib Khan (Live)
- Shakib-Apu's secret marriage sparks web sensation
- Apu Biswas is my wife, Abraham my son: Shakib Khan
- Child’s mine, but I didn’t marry Apu: Shakib Khan
- Apu took 'Islam' to marry Shakib
- Apu Biswas Live with Shakib Khan's Baby
- Aamir not to release Dangal in Pakistan without national anthem