Graft case: Khaleda moves HC for changing court
Dhaka : BNP chairperson Khaleda Zia on Wednesday filed a petition with the High Court (HC) seeking its order to transfer Zia Orphanage Trust graft case to another court from the existing one.
Khaleda’s lawyer Barrister Mahbub Uddin Khokan filed the petition with the court of Justice M Ruhul Quddus and Justice Bhishmadev Chakrabortty as the BNP chief expressed no confidence over the lower court dealing with Zia Orphanage Trust graft case, UNB reports.
In the petition, the BNP chief sought an HC rule asking the authorities concerned to explain why the case will not be shifted to another court, Khokan said.
Khaleda’s petition also sought a stay order on the case proceedings until the rule is disposed of, Khokan added.
In the petition, it was said, “So many cases are under trial process at the Special Judge Court-3 of Abu Ahmed Jamadar. Although the court holds hearings of those cases after a long gap it sets hearing dates in Khaleda’s graft case every week. The court arranges back-to-back dates to harass the BNP chairperson politically. It’s not possible to get justice in the court.”
On February 3, BNP chairperson Khaleda Zia expressed no-confidence in the judge court of M Abu Ahmed Jamadar.
After the hearing, Judge M Abu Ahmed Jamadar rejected the plea and said it was filed to disrupt the trial proceedings.
More News »
- সকাল বেলা যে খাবারে ছেলেদের বীর্যের পরিমান বেশি হয়। জানুন কিভাবে খাবেন। ছেলেদের জানা দরকার।
- Rape charge: Actor Tanvir Tonu sent to jail
- Hidden sex lives of Iranians revealed in Cannes film
- Jacqueline to decide look for hosting Bieber in India
- Baahubali 2: The Conclusion (2017) Watch Online Hindi Dubbed Full Movie
- Lucky Akhand laid to rest
- Homage paid to Lucky Akhand
- Bubly returns home from hospital, to join shooting
- Photo Album: Shakib-Apu-Abram
- Everything kept secret for Apu’s career: Shakib Khan (Live)
- Shakib-Apu's secret marriage sparks web sensation
- Apu Biswas is my wife, Abraham my son: Shakib Khan
- Child’s mine, but I didn’t marry Apu: Shakib Khan
- Apu took 'Islam' to marry Shakib
- Apu Biswas Live with Shakib Khan's Baby