Govt to update labour law: Chunnu
DHAKA : State Minister for Labour Mujibul Haque Chunnu today said the government will bring amendments to the labour law to make it updated and efficient.
“We have to ensure quick justice for the people through the labour courts. We are increasing the number of courts and have already taken a decision to establish labour courts in Sylhet and Rangpur,” he told a seminar in the city.
Former judge of the Appellate Division Justice Nizamul Haque presided over the seminar on role of ADR (alternative dispute resolution) in quick disposal of cases in labour courts at National Press Club VIP Lounge.
The seminar was also addressed by Department of Inspection for Factories and Establishments Director General Shamsuzzaman Bhuiyan and Department of Labour Director Abu Hena Mostafa Kamal, among others.
Bangladesh Legal Aid and Services Trust (BLAST) Director SM Rezaul Karim moderated the function.
Chunnu called upon the owners of different factories to be more sincere in implementing ADR in wage related cases, saying, “Otherwise, it would be difficult to implement this.”
Justice Haque, in his speech, urged the lawyers to be more sincere while conducting cases of laborers.
“On many occasions, they (laborers) cannot continue the cases for the lack of money. The lawyers should take such cases from humane perspective,” he added.
Referring to the shortage of judges in the country in comparison to the number of cases and population, Justice Haque said appointing more judges is now the demand of time.
More News »
- Rape charge: Actor Tanvir Tonu sent to jail
- Hidden sex lives of Iranians revealed in Cannes film
- Jacqueline to decide look for hosting Bieber in India
- Baahubali 2: The Conclusion (2017) Watch Online Hindi Dubbed Full Movie
- Lucky Akhand laid to rest
- Homage paid to Lucky Akhand
- Bubly returns home from hospital, to join shooting
- Photo Album: Shakib-Apu-Abram
- Everything kept secret for Apu’s career: Shakib Khan (Live)
- Shakib-Apu's secret marriage sparks web sensation
- Apu Biswas is my wife, Abraham my son: Shakib Khan
- Child’s mine, but I didn’t marry Apu: Shakib Khan
- Apu took 'Islam' to marry Shakib
- Apu Biswas Live with Shakib Khan's Baby
- Aamir not to release Dangal in Pakistan without national anthem