Govt. to restore all shut railway routes with India
SANGSAD BHABAN : Railways Minister M Mazibul Haque today said the government would restore all the shutdown railway routes with India.
“Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina has already instructed the Railways Ministry to restore the closed down railway routes with India,” the minister told the Jatiya Sangsad while replying to a supplementary question from treasury bench member Kamal Ahmed Majumder.
The railways minister said a joint committee of Bangladesh and India is working for the purpose.
Mazibul Haque informed the House that the government would reopen the railway services on Feni-Belunia route and introduce the same on Khulna-Kolkata, Dhaka-Gede and Dhaka-Agartola routes alongside the existing Dhaka-Kolkata Maitree Train service.
Replying to another supplementary from treasury bench member Abdul Mannan, the minister said that the government would construct 71-km Sirajganj-Bogra railway line under Indian line of credit (LOC) on a priority basis.
He said in fulfillment of the commitment of Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina the Railways Ministry has given highest priority to construction of the Sirajganj-Bogra railway line for reducing sufferings of the people of northern Bangladesh.
More News »
- Rape charge: Actor Tanvir Tonu sent to jail
- Hidden sex lives of Iranians revealed in Cannes film
- Jacqueline to decide look for hosting Bieber in India
- Baahubali 2: The Conclusion (2017) Watch Online Hindi Dubbed Full Movie
- Lucky Akhand laid to rest
- Homage paid to Lucky Akhand
- Bubly returns home from hospital, to join shooting
- Photo Album: Shakib-Apu-Abram
- Everything kept secret for Apu’s career: Shakib Khan (Live)
- Shakib-Apu's secret marriage sparks web sensation
- Apu Biswas is my wife, Abraham my son: Shakib Khan
- Child’s mine, but I didn’t marry Apu: Shakib Khan
- Apu took 'Islam' to marry Shakib
- Apu Biswas Live with Shakib Khan's Baby
- Aamir not to release Dangal in Pakistan without national anthem