Govt to procure 16 lakh MT food grains in Boro season
DHAKA : The government has decided to procure a total of 16 lakh tonnes food grains, including paddy, rice and wheat, in 2017-18 fiscal year.
The decision was taken at a meeting of the Food Planning and Monitoring Committee (FPMC) held at the conference room of the food ministry here today.
Under the decision, the government will procure 7 lakh tonnes paddy, 8 lakh tonnes rice and one lakh tonne wheat in the upcoming Boro season.
The procurement price for per kg paddy has been fixed at Taka 24, boiled rice at Taka 34, atap rice at Taka 33 and wheat at Taka 28.
The paddy and rice procurement drive will begin from May 2 and continue till August 31, said a press release.
On the other hand, the wheat procurement drive will begin from April 18 and continue till June 30.
“We want to bring a revolutionary change in procurement drive …the government will purchase food grains directly from the growers through paying account payee cheque,” said Food Minister Advocate Quamrul Islam.
With Food Minister Advocate Quamrul Islam in the chair, the meeting was also attended, among others, by Finance Minister Abul Mal Abdul Muhith, Agriculture Minister Begum Matia Chowdhury and Commerce Minister Tofail Ahmed and senior officials of the ministry.
More News »
- Rape charge: Actor Tanvir Tonu sent to jail
- Hidden sex lives of Iranians revealed in Cannes film
- Jacqueline to decide look for hosting Bieber in India
- Baahubali 2: The Conclusion (2017) Watch Online Hindi Dubbed Full Movie
- Lucky Akhand laid to rest
- Homage paid to Lucky Akhand
- Bubly returns home from hospital, to join shooting
- Photo Album: Shakib-Apu-Abram
- Everything kept secret for Apu’s career: Shakib Khan (Live)
- Shakib-Apu's secret marriage sparks web sensation
- Apu Biswas is my wife, Abraham my son: Shakib Khan
- Child’s mine, but I didn’t marry Apu: Shakib Khan
- Apu took 'Islam' to marry Shakib
- Apu Biswas Live with Shakib Khan's Baby
- Aamir not to release Dangal in Pakistan without national anthem