Govt to consider private college teachers’ demands
DHAKA : Education Minister Nurul Islam Nahid today said the demands of non- government college teachers would be considered on receiving specific recommendations.
He was speaking as the chief guest at the inaugural ceremony of the national conference 2017 of Bangladesh College Teachers Association at Engineers Institution auditorium in the city, said an official release.
The minister sought cooperation of all to further improve country’s education.
“The role of teachers is most important in this regard,” he observed.
Nurul Islam Nahid said the government is implementing education policy to improve the country’s education system.
The standard of teachers needs to be increased to improve education system, he said and urged the teachers to work with devotion.
Presided over by Bangladesh College Teachers Association President Principal Asadul Huq, the function was also addressed by teacher leaders Kazi Faruque Ahmed, Nurun Nabi Siddiqui and M Fayez Hossain.
They demanded nationalizing college education on the basis of specific guidelines.
They also demanded promotion of teachers and formulating an MPO (monthly payment order) policy.
More News »
- Rape charge: Actor Tanvir Tonu sent to jail
- Hidden sex lives of Iranians revealed in Cannes film
- Jacqueline to decide look for hosting Bieber in India
- Baahubali 2: The Conclusion (2017) Watch Online Hindi Dubbed Full Movie
- Lucky Akhand laid to rest
- Homage paid to Lucky Akhand
- Bubly returns home from hospital, to join shooting
- Photo Album: Shakib-Apu-Abram
- Everything kept secret for Apu’s career: Shakib Khan (Live)
- Shakib-Apu's secret marriage sparks web sensation
- Apu Biswas is my wife, Abraham my son: Shakib Khan
- Child’s mine, but I didn’t marry Apu: Shakib Khan
- Apu took 'Islam' to marry Shakib
- Apu Biswas Live with Shakib Khan's Baby
- Aamir not to release Dangal in Pakistan without national anthem