Govt takes steps to ensure cyber security of NBR
DHAKA : State Minister for Information and Communication Technology (ICT) Zunaid Ahmed Palak said the government is looking into the cyber security issue of the National Board of Revenue (NBR) with due importance.
“NBR is one of the 21 important public entities which is in cyber security risks and we are considering its cyber security issue with due importance,” Zunaid Ahmed told a seminar on ‘Cyber Security in Digital NBR’ at Rajaswa Bhaban here.
On the occasion, NBR honoured 10 organizations for paying highest amount of VAT (Value Added Tax) during the just concluded Dhaka International Trade Fair (DITF). Palak handed over a certificate and prize to each organization.
NBR Chairman Md Nojibor Rahman presided over the seminar while vice-chairman of Export Promotion Bureau (EPB) Mafruha Sultana, managing director of Hi-tech Park Authority Hosne Ara Begum, BASIS president Mostafa Zabbar, cyber security expert Farhad Hossain and director of National Data Centre Tareque Barkat Ullah, among others, took part in the discussion.
Zunaid Ahmed said the number of registered taxpayers is over 27 lakh and security of the information of these taxpayers is very important. Preparation will have to be taken to face the cyber security threats in the same way the NBR uses it intelligence in realizing tax, he added
The state minister said NBR is playing an important role in building digital Bangladesh. After the cyber attacks in Bangladesh Bank, the government is now attaching top priority to information security issue, he added.
Terming the Bangladesh Bank incident as an exceptional cyber attack, Zunaid Ahmed said after that incident the government has taken up different programmes to intensify the digital cyber security system.
NBR chairman Md Nojibor Rahman said steps have been taken to build a digital NBR as part of the government’s programme to build a digital Bangladesh.
Extending his thank to the ICT Division for cooperating NBR for strengthening its cyber security system, NBR chairman said he has been getting necessary supports and cooperation the ICT Division and Basis in this regard.
More News »
- Rape charge: Actor Tanvir Tonu sent to jail
- Hidden sex lives of Iranians revealed in Cannes film
- Jacqueline to decide look for hosting Bieber in India
- Baahubali 2: The Conclusion (2017) Watch Online Hindi Dubbed Full Movie
- Lucky Akhand laid to rest
- Homage paid to Lucky Akhand
- Bubly returns home from hospital, to join shooting
- Photo Album: Shakib-Apu-Abram
- Everything kept secret for Apu’s career: Shakib Khan (Live)
- Shakib-Apu's secret marriage sparks web sensation
- Apu Biswas is my wife, Abraham my son: Shakib Khan
- Child’s mine, but I didn’t marry Apu: Shakib Khan
- Apu took 'Islam' to marry Shakib
- Apu Biswas Live with Shakib Khan's Baby
- Aamir not to release Dangal in Pakistan without national anthem