Govt takes steps to ensure cyber security of NBR
DHAKA : State Minister for Information and Communication Technology (ICT) Zunaid Ahmed Palak said the government is looking into the cyber security issue of the National Board of Revenue (NBR) with due importance.
“NBR is one of the 21 important public entities which is in cyber security risks and we are considering its cyber security issue with due importance,” Zunaid Ahmed told a seminar on ‘Cyber Security in Digital NBR’ at Rajaswa Bhaban here.
On the occasion, NBR honoured 10 organizations for paying highest amount of VAT (Value Added Tax) during the just concluded Dhaka International Trade Fair (DITF). Palak handed over a certificate and prize to each organization.
NBR Chairman Md Nojibor Rahman presided over the seminar while vice-chairman of Export Promotion Bureau (EPB) Mafruha Sultana, managing director of Hi-tech Park Authority Hosne Ara Begum, BASIS president Mostafa Zabbar, cyber security expert Farhad Hossain and director of National Data Centre Tareque Barkat Ullah, among others, took part in the discussion.
Zunaid Ahmed said the number of registered taxpayers is over 27 lakh and security of the information of these taxpayers is very important. Preparation will have to be taken to face the cyber security threats in the same way the NBR uses it intelligence in realizing tax, he added
The state minister said NBR is playing an important role in building digital Bangladesh. After the cyber attacks in Bangladesh Bank, the government is now attaching top priority to information security issue, he added.
Terming the Bangladesh Bank incident as an exceptional cyber attack, Zunaid Ahmed said after that incident the government has taken up different programmes to intensify the digital cyber security system.
NBR chairman Md Nojibor Rahman said steps have been taken to build a digital NBR as part of the government’s programme to build a digital Bangladesh.
Extending his thank to the ICT Division for cooperating NBR for strengthening its cyber security system, NBR chairman said he has been getting necessary supports and cooperation the ICT Division and Basis in this regard.
More News »
- Censor certificate ‘No Bed of Roses’ for Tisha, Irrfan Khan-starrer ‘Doob’
- Mahi’s self-proclaimed husband Shawon acquitted
- What good is playing female genitalia
- Baahubali 2: Prabhas, Anushka Shetty in artistic new poster
- Is your boyfriend secretly accessing your Facebook account?
- How to master the first date
- Madonna applies to adopt 2 kids
- Hollywood set for Oscars picks with no big surprises
- ‘Nayok Raj’ Razzak turns 76
- Skincare routine for grooms
- 5 Upcoming Bollywood Movies
- Sushmita Sen will judge the 65th Miss Universe pageant
- Watch! Shahid-Kangana's steamy romance in 'Yeh Ishq Hai'
- See the Hottest celebrity bikini bodies (Photo Gallery)
- Lock your lips in these many ways