Govt out with multipurpose plot to control polls
Dhaka : BNP senior leader Amir Khasru Mahmud Chowdhury on Friday alleged that the government has taken a multipurpose project to control the next polls and keep BNP popular leaders away from the election race, reports UNB.
“Forming a partisan Election Commission, conducting the election under a partisan government by partisan people and controlling the election by police, Rab their party cadres and partisan administration are the parts of the project,” he said.
Speaking at a discussion, he further said, “Making efforts to keep BNP chairperson Khaleda Zia and senior vice chairman Tarique Rahman out of the election by convicting them in false cases, mounting pressure on its popular leaders and active leaders and activist so that they cannot take part in the polls. Resorting to killing, jailing and enforced disappearance are also the parts of the multipurpose project.”
Bangladesh Democratic Council arranged the discussion at the Jatiya Press Club.
Khasru, a BNP standing committee member, warned that the government’s such project will turn unsuccessful as the country’s people are aware of it, and they will exercise their right to franchise braving all odds.
“We call upon you (govt) to get connected with people following a democratic path. People will this time wake up in favour of democracy, their voting rights, human rights, the rule of law and press freedom. No one will be able to resist them,” he said.
The BNP leader alleged that the government has destroyed the country’s election system by playing games with polls.
He said their party will come up with a constructive proposal on election-time supportive government to restore people’s confidence the in the election system and hold a fair, inclusive and acceptable election.
Khasru said by placing the supportive government’s proposal their party wants to create a ground for an open discussion on it.
He said their party will move ahead in a democratic way with systematic politics to fulfill the country’s people’s desires.
The BNP leader urged the party leaders and activists to get ready to face the government’s negative multipurpose project with positive poetics.
More News »
- Rape charge: Actor Tanvir Tonu sent to jail
- Hidden sex lives of Iranians revealed in Cannes film
- Jacqueline to decide look for hosting Bieber in India
- Baahubali 2: The Conclusion (2017) Watch Online Hindi Dubbed Full Movie
- Lucky Akhand laid to rest
- Homage paid to Lucky Akhand
- Bubly returns home from hospital, to join shooting
- Photo Album: Shakib-Apu-Abram
- Everything kept secret for Apu’s career: Shakib Khan (Live)
- Shakib-Apu's secret marriage sparks web sensation
- Apu Biswas is my wife, Abraham my son: Shakib Khan
- Child’s mine, but I didn’t marry Apu: Shakib Khan
- Apu took 'Islam' to marry Shakib
- Apu Biswas Live with Shakib Khan's Baby
- Aamir not to release Dangal in Pakistan without national anthem