Govt. not to go beyond constitution to hold polls
DHAKA : Awami League General Secretary and Minister for Road Transport and Bridges Obaidul Quader today said all decisions on political issues would be taken within the constitutional framework.
“We will not go beyond the constitution. We will not go beyond the
constitution even to hold the next polls,” he said at a function to
distribute winter clothes among the poor at Russel Square in the city.
Dhaka North City AL organized the programme marking three years of the second tenure of AL government.
Obaidul Quader said, along the people, the ordinary leaders and activists of BNP have become happy with Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina’s address to the nation. The prime minister’s address has frustrated only a handful of BNP leaders who watch Hindi serials staying at home after declaring political programmes, he added.
“There is no crisis in the country, but in BNP. This is the BNP’s crisis over going to power. This crisis of them will never end,” the AL general secretary said.
Referring to Dhaka South Mayor Sayeed Khona’s call to the big political parties to announce political programmes on holidays, he said the government is going to take a number of decisions in this regard in view of traffic jam.
The government is considering holding public meetings on holidays, he added.
Obaidul Quader said Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina has clearly prohibited holding rallies on streets. “On behalf of the prime minister, I am giving instruction that no meeting or rally will be allowed blocking roads anywhere in Bangladesh,” he added.
More News »
- Rape charge: Actor Tanvir Tonu sent to jail
- Hidden sex lives of Iranians revealed in Cannes film
- Jacqueline to decide look for hosting Bieber in India
- Baahubali 2: The Conclusion (2017) Watch Online Hindi Dubbed Full Movie
- Lucky Akhand laid to rest
- Homage paid to Lucky Akhand
- Bubly returns home from hospital, to join shooting
- Photo Album: Shakib-Apu-Abram
- Everything kept secret for Apu’s career: Shakib Khan (Live)
- Shakib-Apu's secret marriage sparks web sensation
- Apu Biswas is my wife, Abraham my son: Shakib Khan
- Child’s mine, but I didn’t marry Apu: Shakib Khan
- Apu took 'Islam' to marry Shakib
- Apu Biswas Live with Shakib Khan's Baby
- Aamir not to release Dangal in Pakistan without national anthem