Govt modernizes disaster management offices at grassroots
DHAKA : Disaster Management and Relief Minister Mofazzel Hossain Chowdhury Maya, Bir Bikram, today said the present government has taken pragmatic steps to modernize the district and upazila offices of the ministry based on Information and Communication Technology (ICT).
“There is no alternative to ensure capacity building to come down the losses of lives and poverties in disasters,” he said while distributing 26 vehicles and laptops for some 489 upazila project officers working with the disaster and relief management across the county here.
He said under the project ‘Capacity Building of the Disaster Management and Relief Offices’ financed by the World Bank, the ministry has taken steps to implement the government’s global and national commitment for establishing disaster risk reduction framework.
The minister said as part of strengthening the district-level as well as upazila offices, laptops, scanners, printers, modems and other ICT-based necessary equipment are being provided to upazila PIOs or deputy assistant engineers of the disaster and relief ministry. Director General of the Department of Disaster Management Raij Ahmed presided over the programme.
Among others, secretary of the ministry Mohammad Shah Kamal, project director Sattendra Kumar Sarker and other senior officials of the minister were present there.
More News »
- Rape charge: Actor Tanvir Tonu sent to jail
- Hidden sex lives of Iranians revealed in Cannes film
- Jacqueline to decide look for hosting Bieber in India
- Baahubali 2: The Conclusion (2017) Watch Online Hindi Dubbed Full Movie
- Lucky Akhand laid to rest
- Homage paid to Lucky Akhand
- Bubly returns home from hospital, to join shooting
- Photo Album: Shakib-Apu-Abram
- Everything kept secret for Apu’s career: Shakib Khan (Live)
- Shakib-Apu's secret marriage sparks web sensation
- Apu Biswas is my wife, Abraham my son: Shakib Khan
- Child’s mine, but I didn’t marry Apu: Shakib Khan
- Apu took 'Islam' to marry Shakib
- Apu Biswas Live with Shakib Khan's Baby
- Aamir not to release Dangal in Pakistan without national anthem