Govt interfering in all state institutions, alleges BNP
Thakurgaon : Bangladesh Nationalist Party (BNP) secretary general Mirza Fakhrul Islam Alamgir on Saturday alleged that the government is ‘interfering in all the state institutions, including the judiciary’.
Speaking at a biennial council of Thakurgaon district unit Jatiyatabadi Chhatra Dal at Zila Parishad auditorium, he also protested Law Minister Anisul Huq’s comment that incumbent Chief Justice SK Sinha ‘speaks much’.
“The Chief Justice’s comment (on admin) has pinched the government. Unfortunately, the Law Minister has said the Chief justice is speaking much. We condemn his (minister’s) remark,” Fakhrul said.
Speaking at a reception accorded to him by Habiganj Bar Association in Habiganj, Sinha on Tuesday said, “The administration never wants the judiciary to function independently although it provides security to the administration, too. The bureaucracy always considers the judiciary a rival.”
Disapproving Sinha’s remarks, Anisul Huq on Wednesday said the Sheikh Hasina-led government never interferes in the judiciary and will never do either. “If the Chief Justice has grievances, he could tell us without speaking publicly… no other chief justices speak so much publicly either.”
Fakhrul alleged that the government is spreading lies over economic growth rate to give people an impression that the country is progressing fast. “The Awami Leaders are experiencing growth as they’re making money through corruption. But the common people are witnessing a downfall as their condition is getting worse gradually.”
He alleged that government has snatched people’s all democratic rights, including the right of expression to cling to power.
The BNP leader also accused the government of harassing many people by falsely implicating them in militancy. “So, there’s no alternative to bringing a change in government to restore people’s rights.”
Fakhrul said the Prime Minister returned home empty-handed from India as she had failed to sign the Teesta water sharing deal due to her government’s subservient foreign policy.
“We don’t get fair share of Teesta water. Our haor regions have been affected with flood due to the onrush of water from upstream. The flood has hit our haors as India has opened the gates of the embankments it has built in the upstream.”
He urged people from all walks of life to get united to free the country from the current ‘monstrous regime’.
More News »
- সকাল বেলা যে খাবারে ছেলেদের বীর্যের পরিমান বেশি হয়। জানুন কিভাবে খাবেন। ছেলেদের জানা দরকার।
- Rape charge: Actor Tanvir Tonu sent to jail
- Hidden sex lives of Iranians revealed in Cannes film
- Jacqueline to decide look for hosting Bieber in India
- Baahubali 2: The Conclusion (2017) Watch Online Hindi Dubbed Full Movie
- Lucky Akhand laid to rest
- Homage paid to Lucky Akhand
- Bubly returns home from hospital, to join shooting
- Photo Album: Shakib-Apu-Abram
- Everything kept secret for Apu’s career: Shakib Khan (Live)
- Shakib-Apu's secret marriage sparks web sensation
- Apu Biswas is my wife, Abraham my son: Shakib Khan
- Child’s mine, but I didn’t marry Apu: Shakib Khan
- Apu took 'Islam' to marry Shakib
- Apu Biswas Live with Shakib Khan's Baby