Govt gets trembling with BNP’s demo
Dhaka : Accusing law enforcers of attacking their demonstration programmes at different parts of the country, BNP on Sunday said the government’s throne of power gets trembling with the announcement of opposition’s political programmes, UNB reports.
“Law enforcers obstructed our schedule programmes at different parts of the country and attacked our party leaders and activists since morning. Police raided the houses of our party men yesterday (Saturday) and arrested many of them,” said BNP senior joint secretary general Ruhul Kabir Rizvi.
Speaking at a press briefing at BNP’s Nayapaltan central office, he strongly denounced the attacks on their protest programmes and repression and harassment of their leaders and activists.
The BNP leader also demanded the government immediately release their party activists arrested over their political programme.
Having failed to hold its scheduled rally in the city on Saturday, BNP announced that it would stage demonstrations and take out processions in all metropolitan cities, district towns and all thanas of Dhaka city today protesting the denial of police permission for their programme.
Earlier on December 28, the party sought permission from the Dhaka Metropolitan Police to hold the rally at Suhrawardy Udyan on January 7 marking the 10th parliamentary elections day as ‘democracy killing day’.
Rizvi said the government tries to prevent BNP’s political programmes as it gets isolated from people.
Claiming that people are now united against the government’s misrule, he said the ruling party leaders have started making unguarded remarks sensing to face a strong movement against their autocratic rule. “That’s why they are letting loose policy to foil our programmes.”
The BNP leader warned that the government will not be spared by resorting to repressive acts as they must be accountable to people someday.
More News »
- Jacqueline to decide look for hosting Bieber in India
- Baahubali 2: The Conclusion (2017) Watch Online Hindi Dubbed Full Movie
- Lucky Akhand laid to rest
- Homage paid to Lucky Akhand
- Bubly returns home from hospital, to join shooting
- Photo Album: Shakib-Apu-Abram
- Everything kept secret for Apu’s career: Shakib Khan (Live)
- Shakib-Apu's secret marriage sparks web sensation
- Apu Biswas is my wife, Abraham my son: Shakib Khan
- Child’s mine, but I didn’t marry Apu: Shakib Khan
- Apu took 'Islam' to marry Shakib
- Apu Biswas Live with Shakib Khan's Baby
- Aamir not to release Dangal in Pakistan without national anthem
- Indian classical singing legend Kishori Amonkar passes away at 84
- iPhone 7 goes red to help fight AIDS