Govt firm to build crime-free society: Kamal
DHAKA : Reiterating the present government’s stand against crimes of all sorts, Home Minister Asaduzzaman Khan Kamal today said no criminal would be spared in the country.
“The government led by Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina is committed to establishing a crime-free society and to making Bangladesh a middle income country by 2021,” he said while sharing views with leaders of Crime Reporters’ Association of Bangladesh (CRAB) at his office.
The minister said the government is following a zero tolerance policy against militancy and terrorism with a view to making Bangladesh a safe abode for all.
Replying to a query about militant Zia and his associates, he said the law enforcers already detained the channel of militant Zia, adding, “Any time Zia would come under our network.”
CRAB president Abu Saleh Akan, general secretary Sarwar Alam, vice president Shabbir Mahmood, joint secretary Asaduzzaman Biku and other office-bearers joined the meeting.
The home minister said Bangladesh is marching forward under the bold and dynamic leadership of Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina, adding, “Sheikh Hasina’s government has earned many global acclaims for development of the country alongside combating terrorism and militancy.”
“Various prestigious awards and prizes given by the global forums to our Prime Minister proves a solid and pro-people governance in Bangladesh,” he added.
About conspiracy against the government, he said, “I don’t think none would hatch conspiracy against the development because our Prime Minister taken Bangladesh to a new height.”
On various pragmatic steps taken by the present government against militancy and terrorism, Khan said the first and foremost aim of the government is to establish ‘Sonar Bangla’ as dreamt by Father of the Nation Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman.
The present government has been working relentlessly with a determined vision to establish peace at home and made it sure that none would be allowed to use Bangladesh territory for militancy and terrorism.
Regarding capacity building of the country’s law enforcement agencies and intelligence agencies, Kamal said the government sent law enforcers to receive foreign security training.
“We have concentrated on foreign trainings so that our law enforcers could receive training for tackling and operating latest equipment to prevent and control untoward situation,” he said.
Since the Awami League came to power in 2009, the government led by Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina has been playing a crucial role in ensuring peace and security at home and in the region with the world community’s support and being at the forefront of the fight against terrorism and violent extremism, he said.
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina earned overwhelming praises from the world bodies for her government’s socio-economic and human progress successes.
More News »
- সকাল বেলা যে খাবারে ছেলেদের বীর্যের পরিমান বেশি হয়। জানুন কিভাবে খাবেন। ছেলেদের জানা দরকার।
- Rape charge: Actor Tanvir Tonu sent to jail
- Hidden sex lives of Iranians revealed in Cannes film
- Jacqueline to decide look for hosting Bieber in India
- Baahubali 2: The Conclusion (2017) Watch Online Hindi Dubbed Full Movie
- Lucky Akhand laid to rest
- Homage paid to Lucky Akhand
- Bubly returns home from hospital, to join shooting
- Photo Album: Shakib-Apu-Abram
- Everything kept secret for Apu’s career: Shakib Khan (Live)
- Shakib-Apu's secret marriage sparks web sensation
- Apu Biswas is my wife, Abraham my son: Shakib Khan
- Child’s mine, but I didn’t marry Apu: Shakib Khan
- Apu took 'Islam' to marry Shakib
- Apu Biswas Live with Shakib Khan's Baby