Govt ensures free flow of information
SHERPUR : Agriculture Minister Begum Matia Chowdhury today said the Awami League (AL) led government has established the right to free flow of information as it did not make any partiality while giving license to private television channel.
“Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina gave permission to private television channels at first after she assumed office. She did not make any partiality in giving permission to those channels,” Matia said while addressing at a function of award giving and distribution of warm cloths among poor but meritorious primary school students at Nakla upazila in the district.
The minister said AL government gave media license to even those who do not support Awami League and they also broadcast reports against the party.
“But we are not unhappy as we never consider contestant and critics as our enemies. Those who make critics about us, they help us rectify our setbacks,” she said.
Deputy Commissioner Dr AM Parvez Rahim, Superintendant of Police (SP) Rafiqul Hasan Goni and Additional SP Salauddin Sikdar were present on the occasion.
More News »
- Rape charge: Actor Tanvir Tonu sent to jail
- Hidden sex lives of Iranians revealed in Cannes film
- Jacqueline to decide look for hosting Bieber in India
- Baahubali 2: The Conclusion (2017) Watch Online Hindi Dubbed Full Movie
- Lucky Akhand laid to rest
- Homage paid to Lucky Akhand
- Bubly returns home from hospital, to join shooting
- Photo Album: Shakib-Apu-Abram
- Everything kept secret for Apu’s career: Shakib Khan (Live)
- Shakib-Apu's secret marriage sparks web sensation
- Apu Biswas is my wife, Abraham my son: Shakib Khan
- Child’s mine, but I didn’t marry Apu: Shakib Khan
- Apu took 'Islam' to marry Shakib
- Apu Biswas Live with Shakib Khan's Baby
- Aamir not to release Dangal in Pakistan without national anthem