Good governance to be established if voted to power
RANGPUR : Special envoy to the prime minister and Jatiya Party (JP) chairman Hussein Muhammad Ershad said his party would establish good governance and peace in the country if voted to power.
“The next general election might be the last one for me. I believe the people will give me another chance to go to power,” he told the biennial conference of JP’s city unit at public library here today.
Ershad expressed his gratitude to the people of the northern region as they elected Jatiya Party candidates in 21 seats in 1996.
He declared names of Mostafizur Rahman Mostafa and S M Yasser as the new president and general secretary of the 151-member executive committee of Rangpur city unit of the party for the next two-year term.
With city unit president Mostafizur Rahman Mostafa in the chair, it was addressed, among others, by party secretary general Ruhul Amin Hawlader, presidium members Masud Parvez Sohel Rana and Major (Retd) Khaled Akhter, vice-chairman Mofazzal Hossain Master and joint secretary general Hossain Mokbul Shahriar Asif.
More News »
- Rape charge: Actor Tanvir Tonu sent to jail
- Hidden sex lives of Iranians revealed in Cannes film
- Jacqueline to decide look for hosting Bieber in India
- Baahubali 2: The Conclusion (2017) Watch Online Hindi Dubbed Full Movie
- Lucky Akhand laid to rest
- Homage paid to Lucky Akhand
- Bubly returns home from hospital, to join shooting
- Photo Album: Shakib-Apu-Abram
- Everything kept secret for Apu’s career: Shakib Khan (Live)
- Shakib-Apu's secret marriage sparks web sensation
- Apu Biswas is my wife, Abraham my son: Shakib Khan
- Child’s mine, but I didn’t marry Apu: Shakib Khan
- Apu took 'Islam' to marry Shakib
- Apu Biswas Live with Shakib Khan's Baby
- Aamir not to release Dangal in Pakistan without national anthem