Good governance imperative for poverty-free Bangladesh
RAJSHAHI : State Minister for Foreign Affairs Shahriar Alam, MP, has said good governance is very important for establishing poverty and hunger-free Bangladesh.
He viewed cherished development of the country isn’t possible without establishing good governance everywhere in the society.
He was addressing the inaugural session of a two-day international conference titled “Governance and Development: Asian Perspective” at senate building of Rajshahi University (RU) here today as chief guest.
RU’s Department of Public Administration organized the conference in association with Higher Education Quality Enhancement Project.
RU Vice-chancellor Prof Md Mijanuddin and Pro-VC Prof Chowddhury Sarwar Jahan spoke as special guests with chairman of the department Dr Parvez Azharul Haque in the chair. Associate Professor Nurul Momen welcomed the participants.
Prof Ramesh K Arora from Rajasthan University in India illustrated various aspects of establishing good governance during his keynote presentation.
Shahriar Alam says the present government has attained significant success in achieving millennium development goals and it has now been working relentlessly to achieve the sustainable goals by 2030.
The state minister said there is no alternative to Awami League government for overall improvement of the country.
Shahriar Alam said, “We’ve already stepped into the stair of a lower middle-income country from the lower-income nation. Bangladesh doesn’t want to stay at the lower ladder… it wants to climb to the peak and we will do whatever necessary for that.”
Becoming a lower middle income country is certainly something to cheer about. It makes us firmly believe that we will soon elevate to the status of middle income country, he added.
He said Bangladesh is moving ahead in all fronts and the government is determined to turn the country into a peaceful abode in South Asia.
More than 100 teachers, researchers and students concerned from both home and abroad are taking part in the conference.
More News »
- Rape charge: Actor Tanvir Tonu sent to jail
- Hidden sex lives of Iranians revealed in Cannes film
- Jacqueline to decide look for hosting Bieber in India
- Baahubali 2: The Conclusion (2017) Watch Online Hindi Dubbed Full Movie
- Lucky Akhand laid to rest
- Homage paid to Lucky Akhand
- Bubly returns home from hospital, to join shooting
- Photo Album: Shakib-Apu-Abram
- Everything kept secret for Apu’s career: Shakib Khan (Live)
- Shakib-Apu's secret marriage sparks web sensation
- Apu Biswas is my wife, Abraham my son: Shakib Khan
- Child’s mine, but I didn’t marry Apu: Shakib Khan
- Apu took 'Islam' to marry Shakib
- Apu Biswas Live with Shakib Khan's Baby
- Aamir not to release Dangal in Pakistan without national anthem