Glitch in PM’s flight: Police asked to submit report 19 February
Dhaka, shadhinbangla24.com : A Dhaka court on Thursday asked police to submit on 19 February the investigation report of a case filed over the glitch in a VVIP flight carrying Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina.
Dhaka Metropolitan Magistrate Golam Nabi fixed the date as Mahabubul Alam, inspector of the Counter Terrorism and Transnational Crime (CTTC) unit and also the investigation officer of the case, could not place the report before it on Thursday.
On 20 December, last, Director (Engineering and Management) of Biman Bangladesh Airlines MM Asaduzzaman filed a case against nine officials of the national flag carrier with Airport Police Station under the Special Powers Act.
On the following day, the DMP headquarters issued an order to transfer the case to the CTTC unit from Airport Police Station.
A team of DMP’s Counter Terrorism and Transnational Crime (CTTC) unit arrested seven suspended officials from different areas of the city on 21 December. Later, they were taken on remand in several times.
A Biman flight carrying the Prime Minister had to make an emergency landing at Ashgabat International Airport in Turkmenistan on her way to Budapest on 27 November, 2016 following low oil pressure in its engine.
Three probe panels were formed by Biman Bangladesh Airlines, Civil Aviation Authority, Bangladesh (CAAB) and Civil
Aviation and Tourism Ministry on 28 November 2016 to look into the flight trouble.
A total of nine officials, including three engineers of Biman Bangladesh Airlines, were suspended for their negligence of duty in this connection.
More News »
- iPhone 7 goes red to help fight AIDS
- Men more prone to infertility due to less sleep
- Afternoon power nap can boost employees creativity
- Twinkle’s Witty COMMENT on Karan- Kangana Fight
- ``Been inappropriately touched on Holi''
- Why midnight snacking is unhealthy
- Bad Dating Behaviors That Guys Really Hate
- 8 Reasons Why the Middle Child Is the Best Child
- Natalie Portman gives birth to a girl
- Shaon files case against Bunty
- Censor certificate ‘No Bed of Roses’ for Tisha, Irrfan Khan-starrer ‘Doob’
- Mahi’s self-proclaimed husband Shawon acquitted
- What good is playing female genitalia
- Baahubali 2: Prabhas, Anushka Shetty in artistic new poster
- Is your boyfriend secretly accessing your Facebook account?