Giving Qawmi madrasa’s recognition was PM’s commitment
Dhaka : Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina promised to recognise Dawra of Qawmi madrasah as degree, and now there is no scope to raise any question about it, said Home Minister Asaduzzaman Khan on Saturday.
“The Prime Minister formed a committee, led by Hefajat-e Islam chief Shah Ahmed Shafi, several years ago for giving recognition to Qawmi madrasah certificates. Later, she gave recognition to Dawra as master’s degree when the committee members went to her. So, there’s no scope to raise any question in this regard,” he said.
The minister came up with the remarks while talking to reporters after inaugurating a showroom of readymade garments made by the Bede (gypsy) community in front of Savar City Centre.
Recognition of Dawra degree was a long-cherished demand of Alem-Ulema, said Asaduzzaman adding that there is no political or personal involvement of Hefajat-e-Islam or its chief Shah Ahmed Shafi in this regard.
Local MP Dr Enamur Rahman, Additional Deputy Inspector General of Police Habibur Rahman, Dhaka Police Super Shah Mizan Shafiur Rahman were, among others, present on the occasion.
More News »
- সকাল বেলা যে খাবারে ছেলেদের বীর্যের পরিমান বেশি হয়। জানুন কিভাবে খাবেন। ছেলেদের জানা দরকার।
- Rape charge: Actor Tanvir Tonu sent to jail
- Hidden sex lives of Iranians revealed in Cannes film
- Jacqueline to decide look for hosting Bieber in India
- Baahubali 2: The Conclusion (2017) Watch Online Hindi Dubbed Full Movie
- Lucky Akhand laid to rest
- Homage paid to Lucky Akhand
- Bubly returns home from hospital, to join shooting
- Photo Album: Shakib-Apu-Abram
- Everything kept secret for Apu’s career: Shakib Khan (Live)
- Shakib-Apu's secret marriage sparks web sensation
- Apu Biswas is my wife, Abraham my son: Shakib Khan
- Child’s mine, but I didn’t marry Apu: Shakib Khan
- Apu took 'Islam' to marry Shakib
- Apu Biswas Live with Shakib Khan's Baby