Founding anniversary of DMP today
DHAKA : The 42nd founding day of the Dhaka Metropolitan Police (DMP) is going to be celebrated in the city today amid much enthusiasm and festivity.
Marking the day, a colorful rally will brought out from the DMP headquarters. The rally parading main streets of the city and it will end at Rajarbag Police Line premises.
The Home Minister Asaduzzaman Khan, MP and Inspector General of Police (IGP) AKM A K M Shahidul Hoque are schedule to inaugurate the rally while DMP Commissioner Asaduzzaman Mia will lead it.
However, on the eve of the DMP founding anniversary, President Abdul Hamid and Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina lauded the role of the members of Bangladesh Police in ensuring law and order and greeted all police personnel including DMP police.
In separate messages, they wished a success of the day.
Recalling the martyrs of Bangladesh Police, who sacrificed their lives in the War of Liberation, President Abdul Hamid said the sacrifice of Bangladesh Police during inception period of the war of liberation not only make themselves, but also make the whole nation proud of them”.
“It is the police, who first put up armed resistance at Razarbagh Police Lines on March 26, 1971, responding to the call of Father of the Nation Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman,” he added.
Paying rich tributes to the martyred policemen during liberation war, the President also convoyed deep sympathy to the bereaved family members.
Abdul Hamid also said the recent role of Bangladesh Police in defeating militancy and terrorism has been lauded in the national and international arena.
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina, in her message, said “The DMP police has been working relentlessly in maintaining discipline and public safety, ensuring law and order and in combating militancy and criminal activities of the city.”
The competency of DMP Police in ensuring security for holding national and international programme including religious festival, sports meets and socioeconomic activities has been lauded everywhere, she added.
She also hoped that the police force will work imbued with professionalism, human values and neutrality for implementation of “Vision-2021” and “Vision 2041”.
More News »
- Rape charge: Actor Tanvir Tonu sent to jail
- Hidden sex lives of Iranians revealed in Cannes film
- Jacqueline to decide look for hosting Bieber in India
- Baahubali 2: The Conclusion (2017) Watch Online Hindi Dubbed Full Movie
- Lucky Akhand laid to rest
- Homage paid to Lucky Akhand
- Bubly returns home from hospital, to join shooting
- Photo Album: Shakib-Apu-Abram
- Everything kept secret for Apu’s career: Shakib Khan (Live)
- Shakib-Apu's secret marriage sparks web sensation
- Apu Biswas is my wife, Abraham my son: Shakib Khan
- Child’s mine, but I didn’t marry Apu: Shakib Khan
- Apu took 'Islam' to marry Shakib
- Apu Biswas Live with Shakib Khan's Baby
- Aamir not to release Dangal in Pakistan without national anthem