Form EC as per people’s desire: BNP
BNP senior leader Khandaker Mosharraf Hossain on Tuesday threatened that their party will take to the streets if the search committee and the Election Commission are not formed as per people’s hopes and aspirations.
“We’re waiting to see what the President does. We also know the President can’t do anything good if the government has no sincerity. Once the search committee is formed, we’ll understand whether it’s AL’s one or people’s one,” he told a discussion, UNB reports.
The BNP leader further said, “When the search committee will constitute the Election Commission, it will also be cleared to all whether it’s Rakibuddin-styled one or people’s one. If the Commission is not formed as per people’s desire, it’ll manifest the government’s tricks and we’ll surely take to the streets together with people against it.”
Doctors’ Association of Bangladesh (Dab) arranged the programme at the Jatiya Press Club, marking BNP founder Ziaur Rahman’s 81st birth anniversary.
The tenure of the current Election commission expires in February next. President Abdul Hamid has been holding talks with different political parties initiating with BNP on December 18 over the formation of the search committee and new EC.
According to a source at Bangabhaban, the President will form the search committee very soon completing the dialogue with political parties.
As some Dab leaders criticised BNP for not taking to the streets to realise its demands, Mosharraf said they are showing patience as they want to send out a message to all at home and abroad that their party is interested in resolving the ‘political crisis’ in a democratic way.
“Don’t get us wrong. It’s our sacred duty to restore democracy and people voting and other rights. We’re taking preparations for that,” he told his party colleagues.
About Narayanganj-seven murder verdict, Mosharraf, a BNP standing committee member, said the ruling party leaders are saying this verdict has manifested that there is the rule of law in the country. “But it’s not correct. The seven-murder incident took place in such a way that the government couldn’t hush it up.”
He said there is no trial of many incidents of killing and enforced disappearance, including journalist couple Sagar-Runi one, as there is no rule of law in the country. “This government has no accountability to people as it’s not elected by people.”
The BNP leader alleged that the government’s only policy is to weaken BNP through repressive acts as it fears the party and people.
More News »
- সকাল বেলা যে খাবারে ছেলেদের বীর্যের পরিমান বেশি হয়। জানুন কিভাবে খাবেন। ছেলেদের জানা দরকার।
- Rape charge: Actor Tanvir Tonu sent to jail
- Hidden sex lives of Iranians revealed in Cannes film
- Jacqueline to decide look for hosting Bieber in India
- Baahubali 2: The Conclusion (2017) Watch Online Hindi Dubbed Full Movie
- Lucky Akhand laid to rest
- Homage paid to Lucky Akhand
- Bubly returns home from hospital, to join shooting
- Photo Album: Shakib-Apu-Abram
- Everything kept secret for Apu’s career: Shakib Khan (Live)
- Shakib-Apu's secret marriage sparks web sensation
- Apu Biswas is my wife, Abraham my son: Shakib Khan
- Child’s mine, but I didn’t marry Apu: Shakib Khan
- Apu took 'Islam' to marry Shakib
- Apu Biswas Live with Shakib Khan's Baby