Foolproof security for Pahela Baishakh celebration
DHAKA : Against the backdrop of the execution of death penalty of top militant leader Mufti Abdul Hannan on Wednesday night, stringent security measures have been taken across the country for a peaceful and smooth celebration of the Pahela Baishakh, the first day of the Bengali New Year-1424, tomorrow.
“We have taken all out measures to ensure a fool-proof security for a smooth and peaceful celebration of the traditional Pahela Baishakh,” Home Minister Asaduzzaman Khan told BSS earlier.
Additional forces of police, Rapid Action Battalion (RAB) and plainclothes from intelligence agencies will be deployed in the capital city particularly Ramna Batamul, Dhaka University, Suhrawardi Udyan and Rabindra Sarobar areas and elsewhere of the country for celebration of the Pahela Baishakh.
Besides, check posts will be set up at the strategic points including every entry and exit points of the capital city to avert any untoward incident. Several closed- circuit camera televisions (CCTVs), archways, metal detectors and observation towers will be installed in Ramna Batamul area.
Bombs disposal units and dog squads will be also be deployed. None will be allowed to enter the main venue without security search.
Mongol Shobhajatra, the colourful and traditional procession, trademark of the Pahela Baishakh celebrations, will be thoroughly escorted by the law enforcers to avoid any untoward situation. However a special police team will be deployed to check eve-teasing.
For making the security foolproof, no one will be allowed to wear masks, but can be held on hands, and bring or carry any kinds of bag, bundle, musk, umbrella, arms and knives at the venues of function or during the Mongol Shobhajatra.
However, organizers of open-air programmes in Ramna, Suhrawardy Udyan and Rabindra Sarobar areas have been asked to shut the events by 5:00pm while indoor celebrations can be held under permission.
The vehicles having Dhaka University stickers will be allowed to enter the campus from 6:00pm on April 13 to 9:00pm on April 14.
“Stringent security measures will be put in place in Ramna Batamul and Suhrawardi Udyan areas with deployment of the adequate numbers of law enforcers,” said DMP Commissioner Asaduzzaman Mia.
A total of 11,000 uniformed policemen, members of other law enforcement agencies and plainclothes police will be deployed to maintain law and order during the Pahela Baishakh celebration in the capital, he also said.
Replying to a query about security threat, he said, “There has been no specific threat for this year’s Pahela Baishakh celebration, but security measures have been planned keeping everything in the mind”.
More News »
- Rape charge: Actor Tanvir Tonu sent to jail
- Hidden sex lives of Iranians revealed in Cannes film
- Jacqueline to decide look for hosting Bieber in India
- Baahubali 2: The Conclusion (2017) Watch Online Hindi Dubbed Full Movie
- Lucky Akhand laid to rest
- Homage paid to Lucky Akhand
- Bubly returns home from hospital, to join shooting
- Photo Album: Shakib-Apu-Abram
- Everything kept secret for Apu’s career: Shakib Khan (Live)
- Shakib-Apu's secret marriage sparks web sensation
- Apu Biswas is my wife, Abraham my son: Shakib Khan
- Child’s mine, but I didn’t marry Apu: Shakib Khan
- Apu took 'Islam' to marry Shakib
- Apu Biswas Live with Shakib Khan's Baby
- Aamir not to release Dangal in Pakistan without national anthem