Five killed as Maitree Express hits private car at Kaliakair
GAZIPUR : Five people including two women and two children were killed as Kolkata bound Maitree Express hit a private car at Kaliakair here this morning.
The accident occurred at Sonakhali Rail Crossing around 9:05am in the morning, officer-in-charge (OC) of Kaliakair Police Station told BSS.
Five people including two women, two children and the driver of the private car died on the spot, he said, adding that they were going to Trisha Mission School from their village home at Goalbatal.
The deceased were identified as Tahmina Akhter, 38, her son Talha, 12, Laki Akhter, 35, and her daughter Nurjahan, 6, of Goalbatal Village of Kaliakair Upazila and driver Minhazuddin, 32.
The train communication between northern part and Dhaka has been cut off as two bogies of the train have been derailed following the mishap, second officer Rafiqul Islam Rafiq of Maitree Express told BSS.
“We are trying to start the train communication within the shortest possible time,” he also said.
Different express trains such as Sirajganj Express, Sundarganj Express, Dhumketu Express and Neel Sagar Express have been stuck off at different railway stations.
More News »
- Censor certificate ‘No Bed of Roses’ for Tisha, Irrfan Khan-starrer ‘Doob’
- Mahi’s self-proclaimed husband Shawon acquitted
- What good is playing female genitalia
- Baahubali 2: Prabhas, Anushka Shetty in artistic new poster
- Is your boyfriend secretly accessing your Facebook account?
- How to master the first date
- Madonna applies to adopt 2 kids
- Hollywood set for Oscars picks with no big surprises
- ‘Nayok Raj’ Razzak turns 76
- Skincare routine for grooms
- 5 Upcoming Bollywood Movies
- Sushmita Sen will judge the 65th Miss Universe pageant
- Watch! Shahid-Kangana's steamy romance in 'Yeh Ishq Hai'
- See the Hottest celebrity bikini bodies (Photo Gallery)
- Lock your lips in these many ways