Five killed as Maitree Express hits private car at Kaliakair
GAZIPUR : Five people including two women and two children were killed as Kolkata bound Maitree Express hit a private car at Kaliakair here this morning.
The accident occurred at Sonakhali Rail Crossing around 9:05am in the morning, officer-in-charge (OC) of Kaliakair Police Station told BSS.
Five people including two women, two children and the driver of the private car died on the spot, he said, adding that they were going to Trisha Mission School from their village home at Goalbatal.
The deceased were identified as Tahmina Akhter, 38, her son Talha, 12, Laki Akhter, 35, and her daughter Nurjahan, 6, of Goalbatal Village of Kaliakair Upazila and driver Minhazuddin, 32.
The train communication between northern part and Dhaka has been cut off as two bogies of the train have been derailed following the mishap, second officer Rafiqul Islam Rafiq of Maitree Express told BSS.
“We are trying to start the train communication within the shortest possible time,” he also said.
Different express trains such as Sirajganj Express, Sundarganj Express, Dhumketu Express and Neel Sagar Express have been stuck off at different railway stations.
More News »
- Rape charge: Actor Tanvir Tonu sent to jail
- Hidden sex lives of Iranians revealed in Cannes film
- Jacqueline to decide look for hosting Bieber in India
- Baahubali 2: The Conclusion (2017) Watch Online Hindi Dubbed Full Movie
- Lucky Akhand laid to rest
- Homage paid to Lucky Akhand
- Bubly returns home from hospital, to join shooting
- Photo Album: Shakib-Apu-Abram
- Everything kept secret for Apu’s career: Shakib Khan (Live)
- Shakib-Apu's secret marriage sparks web sensation
- Apu Biswas is my wife, Abraham my son: Shakib Khan
- Child’s mine, but I didn’t marry Apu: Shakib Khan
- Apu took 'Islam' to marry Shakib
- Apu Biswas Live with Shakib Khan's Baby
- Aamir not to release Dangal in Pakistan without national anthem