Five killed as Maitree Express hits private car at Kaliakair
GAZIPUR : Five people including two women and two children were killed as Kolkata bound Maitree Express hit a private car at Kaliakair here this morning.
The accident occurred at Sonakhali Rail Crossing around 9:05am in the morning, officer-in-charge (OC) of Kaliakair Police Station told BSS.
Five people including two women, two children and the driver of the private car died on the spot, he said, adding that they were going to Trisha Mission School from their village home at Goalbatal.
The deceased were identified as Tahmina Akhter, 38, her son Talha, 12, Laki Akhter, 35, and her daughter Nurjahan, 6, of Goalbatal Village of Kaliakair Upazila and driver Minhazuddin, 32.
The train communication between northern part and Dhaka has been cut off as two bogies of the train have been derailed following the mishap, second officer Rafiqul Islam Rafiq of Maitree Express told BSS.
“We are trying to start the train communication within the shortest possible time,” he also said.
Different express trains such as Sirajganj Express, Sundarganj Express, Dhumketu Express and Neel Sagar Express have been stuck off at different railway stations.
More News »
- iPhone 7 goes red to help fight AIDS
- Men more prone to infertility due to less sleep
- Afternoon power nap can boost employees creativity
- Twinkle’s Witty COMMENT on Karan- Kangana Fight
- ``Been inappropriately touched on Holi''
- Why midnight snacking is unhealthy
- Bad Dating Behaviors That Guys Really Hate
- 8 Reasons Why the Middle Child Is the Best Child
- Natalie Portman gives birth to a girl
- Shaon files case against Bunty
- Censor certificate ‘No Bed of Roses’ for Tisha, Irrfan Khan-starrer ‘Doob’
- Mahi’s self-proclaimed husband Shawon acquitted
- What good is playing female genitalia
- Baahubali 2: Prabhas, Anushka Shetty in artistic new poster
- Is your boyfriend secretly accessing your Facebook account?