Five killed as Maitree Express hits private car at Kaliakair
GAZIPUR : Five people including two women and two children were killed as Kolkata bound Maitree Express hit a private car at Kaliakair here this morning.
The accident occurred at Sonakhali Rail Crossing around 9:05am in the morning, officer-in-charge (OC) of Kaliakair Police Station told BSS.
Five people including two women, two children and the driver of the private car died on the spot, he said, adding that they were going to Trisha Mission School from their village home at Goalbatal.
The deceased were identified as Tahmina Akhter, 38, her son Talha, 12, Laki Akhter, 35, and her daughter Nurjahan, 6, of Goalbatal Village of Kaliakair Upazila and driver Minhazuddin, 32.
The train communication between northern part and Dhaka has been cut off as two bogies of the train have been derailed following the mishap, second officer Rafiqul Islam Rafiq of Maitree Express told BSS.
“We are trying to start the train communication within the shortest possible time,” he also said.
Different express trains such as Sirajganj Express, Sundarganj Express, Dhumketu Express and Neel Sagar Express have been stuck off at different railway stations.
More News »
- Watch! Shahid-Kangana's steamy romance in 'Yeh Ishq Hai'
- See the Hottest celebrity bikini bodies (Photo Gallery)
- Lock your lips in these many ways
- Celebrities Who Love Watching Porn
- Actor Kalyan Corraya gets bail
- Want to reduce your BP and cholesterol, start eating blue maize
- Jewelleries that can dazzle your look, this 2017!
- President for highlighting country's history, heritage in film
- Wear your leather jacket stylishly
- Busting common myths about sunglasses
- Affleck's sex scenes with Miller ended in tears
- Finding love, not money, key to a happy life
- Contraceptives do not kill sexual desire
- Sonam hates removing make-up after parties!
- ‘Dangal’ inching closer to 350 Crore mark, creates HISTORY