First ever tea expo begins tomorrow
DHAKA : With the aim of promoting local tea at home and abroad, the first ever “Bangladesh Tea Expo 2017” is all set to begin tomorrow.
In the three-day exposition, the history, culture and heritage of Bangladeshi tea industry as well as its relation with tourism sector would be showcased before the visitors.
Finance Minister Abul Maal Abdul Muhith is expected to open the expo in the Hall-II of International Convention Center Bashundhara (ICCB) in capital which is hosting by Bangladesh Tea Board.
Talking on the tea expo, Commerce Minister Tofail Ahmed said tea production in this year has increased by record quantity, as tea production has exceeded 80 million kilograms.
“Tea production is possible to increase to 130 million kilograms by 2025,” hoped the minister.
He said Bangladesh produced 68 million kilograms of tea last year against the domestic demand of 68 kilograms due to time befitting measure taken by the present government.
Tofail also mentioned the government has imposed import tariff to facilitate growth of local tea industry.
Visitors can visit the tea expo 10am to 10pm everyday till January 14 without any entre fee. In the expo, there would be 30 pavilions and 20 stalls. In addition, four organizations are taking part to showcase machineries of tea industry.
Besides, seminar and workshop on tea would be held in the expo. Local popular singers will perform on every evening.
The three-day tea expo will be inaugurated with an overwhelming theme song which will be performed by Bappa Mazumdar, Fahmida Nabi, Parvez, Kona, Salma, Elita Karim, Rock-star Shuvo and nine other Bangladeshi popular artists.
The theme song has already hit Facebook and YouTube. Bangladesh Tea Sangshad, City Group, Duncan Brothers, Finley Tea, HRC, Ispahani and Seylon Tea will co-sponsor the expo.
Visitors would be able to enjoy all presentations at the expo through free registrations through online.
More News »
- Celebrities Who Love Watching Porn
- Actor Kalyan Corraya gets bail
- Want to reduce your BP and cholesterol, start eating blue maize
- Jewelleries that can dazzle your look, this 2017!
- President for highlighting country's history, heritage in film
- Wear your leather jacket stylishly
- Busting common myths about sunglasses
- Affleck's sex scenes with Miller ended in tears
- Finding love, not money, key to a happy life
- Contraceptives do not kill sexual desire
- Sonam hates removing make-up after parties!
- ‘Dangal’ inching closer to 350 Crore mark, creates HISTORY
- It's a good time for me: Priyanka
- Here's how hubby Karan made Bipasha's b'day extra special
- Celebs In The Most Bold Dresses Ever