Extremism main obstacle to stability: Quader
DHAKA : Describing extremism as the main obstacle to the country’s stability, Road Transport and Bridges Minister Obaidul Quader today urged all irrespective of political ideologies to be united to fight the menace.
“Communal extremism and militancy are a threat to our national existence … so we irrespective of party affiliation will have to be united against the menace for the sake of the country’s interest,” he told the annual tuberculosis conference of National Anti Tuberculosis Association of Bangladesh (NATAB) at the LGED auditorium at Agargaon here.
Quader, also the Awami League general secretary, said if the country is not run properly and unrest and sabotage continue, then none will remain safe and it’s a challenge for the nation.
Referring to Friday’s suspected suicide blast at Ashkona barrack of Rapid Action Battalion (RAB) in the capital, the minister said such attack is an impediment to hold the county’s next national election.
“Our political ideologies are different but the country is ours. So stamping out extremism is our national challenge,” he said.
Quader added: “We are a brave nation. We overpowered the Pakistani occupation forces and I firmly believe that we must defeat the ill force,” he asserted.
The minister said the extremists are targeting law enforcers because of their successful drives against the militant outfits.
“Militants are out to weaken the moral strength of law enforcers to create instability in the country through launching such attacks,” he said.
Chaired by NATAB President Mozaffar Hossain Paltu, the function was addressed by Directorate General of Health Services Director General Professor Dr Abul Kalam Azad, Acme Laboratories Limited Managing Director Mizanur Rahman Sinha and NATAB General Secretary Khayer Uddin Ahmed Mukul, among others.
More News »
- Rape charge: Actor Tanvir Tonu sent to jail
- Hidden sex lives of Iranians revealed in Cannes film
- Jacqueline to decide look for hosting Bieber in India
- Baahubali 2: The Conclusion (2017) Watch Online Hindi Dubbed Full Movie
- Lucky Akhand laid to rest
- Homage paid to Lucky Akhand
- Bubly returns home from hospital, to join shooting
- Photo Album: Shakib-Apu-Abram
- Everything kept secret for Apu’s career: Shakib Khan (Live)
- Shakib-Apu's secret marriage sparks web sensation
- Apu Biswas is my wife, Abraham my son: Shakib Khan
- Child’s mine, but I didn’t marry Apu: Shakib Khan
- Apu took 'Islam' to marry Shakib
- Apu Biswas Live with Shakib Khan's Baby
- Aamir not to release Dangal in Pakistan without national anthem