Expelled North Korean diplomat’s luxurious car seized at Kamlapur
DHAKA : Customs intelligence today seized an expensive private car of Rolls Royce Ghost model of an expelled North Korean diplomat from Kamlapur in the city.
“We seized the silver colour car of 6600cc worth about Taka 30 crore from Kamlapur ICT depot today,” director general (DG) of customs intelligence Dr. Mainul Khan told BSS.
The car was imported in the name of Han Son Ik, ex-first secretary of the North Korean embassy in Dhaka, with a false declaration that it’s a BMW model car and the tax of the car is Taka 22 crore, he also said.
Earlier on August last the diplomat was expelled after accusing him of smuggling banned cigarettes.
Bangladesh earlier expelled a previous North Korean first secretary in March last year after he was caught for smuggling 27 kg (60 lb) of gold – worth $1.4 million – into the country.
More News »
- Jacqueline to decide look for hosting Bieber in India
- Baahubali 2: The Conclusion (2017) Watch Online Hindi Dubbed Full Movie
- Lucky Akhand laid to rest
- Homage paid to Lucky Akhand
- Bubly returns home from hospital, to join shooting
- Photo Album: Shakib-Apu-Abram
- Everything kept secret for Apu’s career: Shakib Khan (Live)
- Shakib-Apu's secret marriage sparks web sensation
- Apu Biswas is my wife, Abraham my son: Shakib Khan
- Child’s mine, but I didn’t marry Apu: Shakib Khan
- Apu took 'Islam' to marry Shakib
- Apu Biswas Live with Shakib Khan's Baby
- Aamir not to release Dangal in Pakistan without national anthem
- Indian classical singing legend Kishori Amonkar passes away at 84
- iPhone 7 goes red to help fight AIDS