Expelled North Korean diplomat’s luxurious car seized at Kamlapur
DHAKA : Customs intelligence today seized an expensive private car of Rolls Royce Ghost model of an expelled North Korean diplomat from Kamlapur in the city.
“We seized the silver colour car of 6600cc worth about Taka 30 crore from Kamlapur ICT depot today,” director general (DG) of customs intelligence Dr. Mainul Khan told BSS.
The car was imported in the name of Han Son Ik, ex-first secretary of the North Korean embassy in Dhaka, with a false declaration that it’s a BMW model car and the tax of the car is Taka 22 crore, he also said.
Earlier on August last the diplomat was expelled after accusing him of smuggling banned cigarettes.
Bangladesh earlier expelled a previous North Korean first secretary in March last year after he was caught for smuggling 27 kg (60 lb) of gold – worth $1.4 million – into the country.
More News »
- Censor certificate ‘No Bed of Roses’ for Tisha, Irrfan Khan-starrer ‘Doob’
- Mahi’s self-proclaimed husband Shawon acquitted
- What good is playing female genitalia
- Baahubali 2: Prabhas, Anushka Shetty in artistic new poster
- Is your boyfriend secretly accessing your Facebook account?
- How to master the first date
- Madonna applies to adopt 2 kids
- Hollywood set for Oscars picks with no big surprises
- ‘Nayok Raj’ Razzak turns 76
- Skincare routine for grooms
- 5 Upcoming Bollywood Movies
- Sushmita Sen will judge the 65th Miss Universe pageant
- Watch! Shahid-Kangana's steamy romance in 'Yeh Ishq Hai'
- See the Hottest celebrity bikini bodies (Photo Gallery)
- Lock your lips in these many ways