Ex-RAJUK chairman Iqbal, Shawkat sent to jail
DHAKA : A court here today sent former chairman of Rajdhani Unnayan Kartipakkaha (RAJUK) Iqbal Uddin Chowdhury and a director of Partex Group Shawkat Aziz to the jail in a case filed for plot forgery.
Dhaka Metropolitan Magistrate Sattaya Broto Shikder passed the order. The court also asked to interrogate Shawkat at the jail gate within five working days.
The Anti-Corruption Commission (ACC) in separate raids arrested Iqbal from his flat at Paribagh and Shawkat Aziz, son of industrialist MA Hashem from his Gulshan residence this morning, public relations officer Pranab Kumar Bhattacharjee of the commission told BSS.
The commission official Silvia Ferdousi filed the case against eight persons including six officials of RAJUK with Motijheel Police Station on Wednesday. Shawkat Aziz’s brother Rubel Aziz was also accused in the case.
According to the case details, RAJUK illegally gave allotments of two plots of 10 Kathas of land to Shawkat and his brother Rubel at Purbachal while Iqbal was chairman of the organisation.
More News »
- সকাল বেলা যে খাবারে ছেলেদের বীর্যের পরিমান বেশি হয়। জানুন কিভাবে খাবেন। ছেলেদের জানা দরকার।
- Rape charge: Actor Tanvir Tonu sent to jail
- Hidden sex lives of Iranians revealed in Cannes film
- Jacqueline to decide look for hosting Bieber in India
- Baahubali 2: The Conclusion (2017) Watch Online Hindi Dubbed Full Movie
- Lucky Akhand laid to rest
- Homage paid to Lucky Akhand
- Bubly returns home from hospital, to join shooting
- Photo Album: Shakib-Apu-Abram
- Everything kept secret for Apu’s career: Shakib Khan (Live)
- Shakib-Apu's secret marriage sparks web sensation
- Apu Biswas is my wife, Abraham my son: Shakib Khan
- Child’s mine, but I didn’t marry Apu: Shakib Khan
- Apu took 'Islam' to marry Shakib
- Apu Biswas Live with Shakib Khan's Baby