Ex-JaPa MP Quader held over MP Liton killing
Bogra : Detectives arrested Dr Abdul Quader Khan, former Jatiya Party lawmaker from Gaibandha-1 constituency, from his residence at Rahmannagar Ziladarpara in Bogra district town on Tuesday over the killing of Awami League lawmaker Manjurul Islam Liton.
A team of Detective Branch (DB) of Gaibandha with the help of Bogra police arrested the former lawmaker around 5:00pm on suspicion that he might have been involved in the killing of Gaibandha-1 (Sundarganj) lawmaker Liton, additional police super (Sadar Circle) Sanatan Chakrabarti told UNB.
He was being taken to Gaibandha, he said.
The arrest was made five days after police cordoned off his house.
Members of law enforcement agencies, including plainclothes Special Branch (SB) men, took position in front of his house-cum-clinic on Thursday.
Earlier on February 15, police arrested former lawmaker’s driver Hannan and personal assistant Rashedul Islam Mehedi from Kadamtali of Gaibandha.
More News »
- Rape charge: Actor Tanvir Tonu sent to jail
- Hidden sex lives of Iranians revealed in Cannes film
- Jacqueline to decide look for hosting Bieber in India
- Baahubali 2: The Conclusion (2017) Watch Online Hindi Dubbed Full Movie
- Lucky Akhand laid to rest
- Homage paid to Lucky Akhand
- Bubly returns home from hospital, to join shooting
- Photo Album: Shakib-Apu-Abram
- Everything kept secret for Apu’s career: Shakib Khan (Live)
- Shakib-Apu's secret marriage sparks web sensation
- Apu Biswas is my wife, Abraham my son: Shakib Khan
- Child’s mine, but I didn’t marry Apu: Shakib Khan
- Apu took 'Islam' to marry Shakib
- Apu Biswas Live with Shakib Khan's Baby
- Aamir not to release Dangal in Pakistan without national anthem