Eight more political parties invited for talks with President
Dhaka : Eight more political parties have been invited in the Bangabhaban in the fifth phase to hold talks with President Abdul Hamid over formation of the new Election Commission (EC).
“Letters have been sent to the address of the offices of eight political parties today (Thursday),” President’s Press secretary Joynal Abedin told BSS this afternoon.
According to the Press Secretary, the President will hold talks with Bangladesh Khelafat Majlish, Bangladesh National Awami Party and Gano Front on January 16, Khelafat Majlish, Jamiat-e-Ulama-e-Islam Bangladesh on January 17 and Bangladesh Islami Front, Bangladesh Muslim League and Progressive Democratic Party on January 18.
President Hamid initiated the formal talks with political parties for the EC formation through holding discussion with BNP on December 18 last year.
He has so far held meetings with 23 political parties, including the ruling Awami League and Jatiya Party (Ershad).
He took the dialogue initiative as the tenure of the current Kazi Rakibuddin Ahmad-led EC expires next month.
More News »
- Rape charge: Actor Tanvir Tonu sent to jail
- Hidden sex lives of Iranians revealed in Cannes film
- Jacqueline to decide look for hosting Bieber in India
- Baahubali 2: The Conclusion (2017) Watch Online Hindi Dubbed Full Movie
- Lucky Akhand laid to rest
- Homage paid to Lucky Akhand
- Bubly returns home from hospital, to join shooting
- Photo Album: Shakib-Apu-Abram
- Everything kept secret for Apu’s career: Shakib Khan (Live)
- Shakib-Apu's secret marriage sparks web sensation
- Apu Biswas is my wife, Abraham my son: Shakib Khan
- Child’s mine, but I didn’t marry Apu: Shakib Khan
- Apu took 'Islam' to marry Shakib
- Apu Biswas Live with Shakib Khan's Baby
- Aamir not to release Dangal in Pakistan without national anthem