Eight-day remand for Gandhi
DHAKA : A Dhaka court today placed neo-JMB leader and one of the masterminds behind Holey Artisan Bakery attack, Jahangir Alam alias Rajib Gandhi, to eight-day remand.
“Dhaka metropolitan magistrate Mahmudul Hasan passed the order as police produced the militant leader before the court and pleaded for putting him on ten days of remand in Holey Artisan Bakery attack case,” a court official said.
Counter Terrorism and Transnational Crime (CTTC) unit of Dhaka Metropolitan Police (DMP) arrested Gandhi from Elenga Bus Stand in Tangail last night.
According to the police, Gandhi was behind as many as twenty murders committed by new-JMB across the country. He recruited two of the Gulshan attackers in JMB and gave them training.
Gandhi also trained one of the Sholakia attackers Shafiul Islam alias Dawn and sent him to neo-JMB leader Tamim Chowdhury.
More News »
- Rape charge: Actor Tanvir Tonu sent to jail
- Hidden sex lives of Iranians revealed in Cannes film
- Jacqueline to decide look for hosting Bieber in India
- Baahubali 2: The Conclusion (2017) Watch Online Hindi Dubbed Full Movie
- Lucky Akhand laid to rest
- Homage paid to Lucky Akhand
- Bubly returns home from hospital, to join shooting
- Photo Album: Shakib-Apu-Abram
- Everything kept secret for Apu’s career: Shakib Khan (Live)
- Shakib-Apu's secret marriage sparks web sensation
- Apu Biswas is my wife, Abraham my son: Shakib Khan
- Child’s mine, but I didn’t marry Apu: Shakib Khan
- Apu took 'Islam' to marry Shakib
- Apu Biswas Live with Shakib Khan's Baby
- Aamir not to release Dangal in Pakistan without national anthem