Efforts on to strengthen roots of democracy
DHAKA : Law Minister Anisul Huq today said government is continuing its efforts to strengthen the roots of democracy in Bangladesh.
“We live in a democratic society and we have to strengthen the base of democracy in our country,” he said.
The minister came up with the observations while addressing the biennial conference of Greater Comilla Lawyer Welfare Society, Dhaka, on Dhaka Judge’s Court premises.
Urging the legal professionals to play a stronger role in establishing rule of law in the country, the minister said, “Legal profession is a noble and important profession. People of this profession set the direction of the country.”
“Jurisdiction of Greater Comilla Lawyer Welfare Society should not only be contained within three districts, it should concentrate on the wellbeing of the lawyers from across the country,” Anisul added.
Presided over by society’s president advocate Farid Uddin Ahmed, the conference was addressed by Dhaka district and sessions judge SM Kuddus Jaman and Qaji Md Najib Ullah Hiru, among others.
More News »
- সকাল বেলা যে খাবারে ছেলেদের বীর্যের পরিমান বেশি হয়। জানুন কিভাবে খাবেন। ছেলেদের জানা দরকার।
- Rape charge: Actor Tanvir Tonu sent to jail
- Hidden sex lives of Iranians revealed in Cannes film
- Jacqueline to decide look for hosting Bieber in India
- Baahubali 2: The Conclusion (2017) Watch Online Hindi Dubbed Full Movie
- Lucky Akhand laid to rest
- Homage paid to Lucky Akhand
- Bubly returns home from hospital, to join shooting
- Photo Album: Shakib-Apu-Abram
- Everything kept secret for Apu’s career: Shakib Khan (Live)
- Shakib-Apu's secret marriage sparks web sensation
- Apu Biswas is my wife, Abraham my son: Shakib Khan
- Child’s mine, but I didn’t marry Apu: Shakib Khan
- Apu took 'Islam' to marry Shakib
- Apu Biswas Live with Shakib Khan's Baby