ECNEC okays 9 projects involving Tk 8,874 cr
DHAKA, shadhinbangla24.com : The Executive Committee of the National Economic Council (ECNEC) today approved nine development projects involving Taka 8,874.16 crore.
The approval came at the ECNEC meeting held at the NEC conference room in the city’s Sher-e-Bangla Nagar with ECNEC Chairperson and Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina in the chair. “Of the total project costs, the government will provide Taka 7,329.16 crore from the national exchequer while the organization concerned will contribute Taka 50.09 crore from their own funds and the remaining Taka 1,494.91 crore will come as project assistance,” Planning Minister AHM Mustafa Kamal said at a news briefing emerging from the meeting.
The minister said the meeting approved the construction of some 130 bridges at rural area across the country with a cost of Taka 3,926.76 crore.
Under the project, a total of 26,040 meter length of bridge will be constructed, he added.
The ECNEC meeting also approved the water supply development and
sanitation project for Chittagong city at a cost of Taka 1,890.83 crore and rural infrastructure development project at a cost of Taka 454.62 crore.
The other projects are re-excavation of 83 rivers and channels in Bagerhat district and increasing the navigability at Mongla- Ghoshiakhali channel with Taka 706.40 crore, increasing the crops production through farm mechanization with Taka 339.44 crore, strengthening the research of Bina and substations development projects with Taka 160.56 crore, electricity transmission development project for three hill tract districts with Taka 565.68 crore, Information Bhaban construction project with Taka 95.85 crore and development of road and drainage system at newly included Shyampur, Dhania, Matuail and Sarulia area in the Dhaka South City Corporation with Taka 734.02 crore.
Ministers, State Ministers and Planning Commission members and secretaries concerned were present.
More News »
- Celebrities Who Love Watching Porn
- Actor Kalyan Corraya gets bail
- Want to reduce your BP and cholesterol, start eating blue maize
- Jewelleries that can dazzle your look, this 2017!
- President for highlighting country's history, heritage in film
- Wear your leather jacket stylishly
- Busting common myths about sunglasses
- Affleck's sex scenes with Miller ended in tears
- Finding love, not money, key to a happy life
- Contraceptives do not kill sexual desire
- Sonam hates removing make-up after parties!
- ‘Dangal’ inching closer to 350 Crore mark, creates HISTORY
- It's a good time for me: Priyanka
- Here's how hubby Karan made Bipasha's b'day extra special
- Celebs In The Most Bold Dresses Ever