ECNEC approves five projects involving Tk 10,551 crore
DHAKA : The Executive Committee of the National Economic Council (ECNEC) today approved the amendment to the ASHRAYAN-2 project with an additional expenditure of Taka 3,671 crore for constructing houses of 1.70 lakh families and rehabilitation of 40,000 landless families.
The meeting of the ECNEC was held at the NEC conference room with ECNEC Chairperson and Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina in the chair.
“The ECNEC has approved five projects including amendment to the ASHRAYAN-2 project involving a total of Tk 10,551 crore,” planning minister AHM Mustafa Kamal told reporters at a post-meeting briefing here.
The entire project costs will come from the government exchequer, he added.
Under the ASHRAYAN-2 Project (amended), the government will construct house for 1.70 families on their own land and 40,000 landless families will be rehabilitated in barrack. The implementation of the project will cost a total of Tk 4,840 crore, he said.
Other four projects are expansion and development of important regional highways (Sylhet region) (Tk 560.83 crore), construction of connecting road from Hetemdi to Sagardi in Manohardi upazila of Narsingdi district (Tk 116.38 crore), expansion of Patgati highway in Chitalmari of Bagerhat (Tk 111.60 crore) and empowerment of women with the help of technology project (Tk 81.90 crore).
More News »
- Rape charge: Actor Tanvir Tonu sent to jail
- Hidden sex lives of Iranians revealed in Cannes film
- Jacqueline to decide look for hosting Bieber in India
- Baahubali 2: The Conclusion (2017) Watch Online Hindi Dubbed Full Movie
- Lucky Akhand laid to rest
- Homage paid to Lucky Akhand
- Bubly returns home from hospital, to join shooting
- Photo Album: Shakib-Apu-Abram
- Everything kept secret for Apu’s career: Shakib Khan (Live)
- Shakib-Apu's secret marriage sparks web sensation
- Apu Biswas is my wife, Abraham my son: Shakib Khan
- Child’s mine, but I didn’t marry Apu: Shakib Khan
- Apu took 'Islam' to marry Shakib
- Apu Biswas Live with Shakib Khan's Baby
- Aamir not to release Dangal in Pakistan without national anthem