EC will work sincerely to carry out duties: Huda
SAVAR : Chief Election Commissioner (CEC) K M Nurul Huda yesterday said the responsibility of the Election Commission (EC) is challenging but they will be sincere to do their duties accordingly.
The CEC made this comment while talking to reporters soon after paying tributes to the martyrs of War of Liberation at the National Mausoleum in Savar.
When asked, he declined to make any comment on reactions of some political parties about his appointment.
Huda along with four other members of the EC — Mahabub Talukder, M Rafikul Islam, Begum Kabita Khanam and brigadier general (retd) Sahadat Hossain — paid tribute to the war heroes.
They also signed the visitor’s book kept there. Superintendent of Police of Dhaka district Shah Mizan Shafiur Rahman and additional deputy commissioner Majibur Rahman welcomed the newly appointed members of the EC at Savar.
The CEC and the four election commissioners sworn in and took offices on Wednesday.
After the swearing in ceremony and joining office, Huda told his first official press conference that the he is oath-bound to carry out the constitutional responsibilities.
He said the government or on party or quarter could influence him or the EC as “it is a constitutional body”.
He also expressed his firm commitment to working freely and taking stern action against wrongdoers.
More News »
- Rape charge: Actor Tanvir Tonu sent to jail
- Hidden sex lives of Iranians revealed in Cannes film
- Jacqueline to decide look for hosting Bieber in India
- Baahubali 2: The Conclusion (2017) Watch Online Hindi Dubbed Full Movie
- Lucky Akhand laid to rest
- Homage paid to Lucky Akhand
- Bubly returns home from hospital, to join shooting
- Photo Album: Shakib-Apu-Abram
- Everything kept secret for Apu’s career: Shakib Khan (Live)
- Shakib-Apu's secret marriage sparks web sensation
- Apu Biswas is my wife, Abraham my son: Shakib Khan
- Child’s mine, but I didn’t marry Apu: Shakib Khan
- Apu took 'Islam' to marry Shakib
- Apu Biswas Live with Shakib Khan's Baby
- Aamir not to release Dangal in Pakistan without national anthem