DSE turnover crosses Tk. 1800 crore
DHAKA : With active participation of retail and institutional investors, the daily turnover value at Dhaka Stock Exchange (DSE) on Monday crossed Taka 1800 crore, the highest in over five years.
The day’s trade value at the close of Monday’s trade stood at Taka 1,856.52 crore, which was the highest after July 25, 2011 when the transaction value was Taka 1882.35 crore.
The DSE trade volume also surged to a new high when it closed at 67.29 crore shares on Monday. The record transaction supported the price indices of the bourse to reach a new high.
DSEX, the major index of DSE, added 55.07 points at close to finish the day at 5477.86. The DSES for Shariah based securities and the DS30 for blue-chip shares also followed the same trend though with marginal rise to end at 1260.85 and 1944.48 respectively.
The upward movement of the indices was also supported by high turnover and bullish trend in trading of large-cap securities including banking issues.
“Since bank sector has the highest market cap with high proportion of free-float, the gain of this sector along has majorly contributed to the upward movement of the index regardless of 170 stock being declined,” said Lanka Bangla Securities Limited (LBSL).
Besides bank, fuel and power and telecom were the major advancing sectors when the major lagging sectors included life insurance, services and real-estate and travel and leisure.
The market was heavily in favour of sellers when out of 328 traded issues, 139 gained and 170 incurred losses.
The day’s major gainers were BD Auto Cars, Baraka Power, Exim Bank, Islami Bank and Central Pharma.
The day’s major losers were CAPM BDBL Mutual Fund, Modern Dying, National Tubes, K&Q and National Tea Company.
Beximco Limited topped the turnover leaders followed by Baraka Power, Lanka Bangla Finance, National Bank, Ifad Autos and Islami Bank.
Chittagong Stock Exchange (CSE) also followed the same trend with its CASPI index gaining 173.64 points to end at 16871.93.
The daily trade value rose to Taka 105.40 crore and the volume was 4.50 crore shares.
More News »
- Rape charge: Actor Tanvir Tonu sent to jail
- Hidden sex lives of Iranians revealed in Cannes film
- Jacqueline to decide look for hosting Bieber in India
- Baahubali 2: The Conclusion (2017) Watch Online Hindi Dubbed Full Movie
- Lucky Akhand laid to rest
- Homage paid to Lucky Akhand
- Bubly returns home from hospital, to join shooting
- Photo Album: Shakib-Apu-Abram
- Everything kept secret for Apu’s career: Shakib Khan (Live)
- Shakib-Apu's secret marriage sparks web sensation
- Apu Biswas is my wife, Abraham my son: Shakib Khan
- Child’s mine, but I didn’t marry Apu: Shakib Khan
- Apu took 'Islam' to marry Shakib
- Apu Biswas Live with Shakib Khan's Baby
- Aamir not to release Dangal in Pakistan without national anthem