DSE crosses 5,200-point
DHAKA : The broader price index of the Dhaka
Stock Exchange (DSE) today crossed the 5,200-point mark on higher transaction, indicating a positive trend in the days to come for the greater benefit of the investors.
DSEX, the major price index of DSE, added 55.91 points at close to finish the day at 5214.60, which followed the highest recorded on October 21, 2014 with 5,233.82 points.
The DSES for Shariah based companies and the DS30 for blue chip scrip also followed the same trend with a marginal rise to end at 1,230.22 and 1,879.12 respectively.
The daily trade value increased to Taka 1,246.79 crore from the previous day’s Taka 10,751.28 crore and the volume rose to 33.40 crore shares from 32.21 crore shares.
Out of the day’s 326 traded issues, 209 gained against 74 losing
The day’s major gainers were Investment Corporation of Bangladesh, Hamid Fabrics, SPCL, Shasha Denims and BD Thai. The day’s major losers were Samata Leather, Imam Button, Continental Insurance, Peninsula Chittagong and Dhaka Insurance.
Beximco top the turnover leaders followed by Shasha Denims, BD Thai, SPCL and Confidence cement. Chittagong Stock Exchange (CSE) also followed the same trend with its CASPI index 196.54 points up at 16,025.55.
The daily tread value rose to Taka 74.48 crore and the volume was 2.25 crore shares. Out of the traded 263 issues 183 closed up against 60 lagging securities.
More News »
- Celebrities Who Love Watching Porn
- Actor Kalyan Corraya gets bail
- Want to reduce your BP and cholesterol, start eating blue maize
- Jewelleries that can dazzle your look, this 2017!
- President for highlighting country's history, heritage in film
- Wear your leather jacket stylishly
- Busting common myths about sunglasses
- Affleck's sex scenes with Miller ended in tears
- Finding love, not money, key to a happy life
- Contraceptives do not kill sexual desire
- Sonam hates removing make-up after parties!
- ‘Dangal’ inching closer to 350 Crore mark, creates HISTORY
- It's a good time for me: Priyanka
- Here's how hubby Karan made Bipasha's b'day extra special
- Celebs In The Most Bold Dresses Ever