DSE crosses 5,200-point
DHAKA : The broader price index of the Dhaka
Stock Exchange (DSE) today crossed the 5,200-point mark on higher transaction, indicating a positive trend in the days to come for the greater benefit of the investors.
DSEX, the major price index of DSE, added 55.91 points at close to finish the day at 5214.60, which followed the highest recorded on October 21, 2014 with 5,233.82 points.
The DSES for Shariah based companies and the DS30 for blue chip scrip also followed the same trend with a marginal rise to end at 1,230.22 and 1,879.12 respectively.
The daily trade value increased to Taka 1,246.79 crore from the previous day’s Taka 10,751.28 crore and the volume rose to 33.40 crore shares from 32.21 crore shares.
Out of the day’s 326 traded issues, 209 gained against 74 losing
The day’s major gainers were Investment Corporation of Bangladesh, Hamid Fabrics, SPCL, Shasha Denims and BD Thai. The day’s major losers were Samata Leather, Imam Button, Continental Insurance, Peninsula Chittagong and Dhaka Insurance.
Beximco top the turnover leaders followed by Shasha Denims, BD Thai, SPCL and Confidence cement. Chittagong Stock Exchange (CSE) also followed the same trend with its CASPI index 196.54 points up at 16,025.55.
The daily tread value rose to Taka 74.48 crore and the volume was 2.25 crore shares. Out of the traded 263 issues 183 closed up against 60 lagging securities.
More News »
- Jacqueline to decide look for hosting Bieber in India
- Baahubali 2: The Conclusion (2017) Watch Online Hindi Dubbed Full Movie
- Lucky Akhand laid to rest
- Homage paid to Lucky Akhand
- Bubly returns home from hospital, to join shooting
- Photo Album: Shakib-Apu-Abram
- Everything kept secret for Apu’s career: Shakib Khan (Live)
- Shakib-Apu's secret marriage sparks web sensation
- Apu Biswas is my wife, Abraham my son: Shakib Khan
- Child’s mine, but I didn’t marry Apu: Shakib Khan
- Apu took 'Islam' to marry Shakib
- Apu Biswas Live with Shakib Khan's Baby
- Aamir not to release Dangal in Pakistan without national anthem
- Indian classical singing legend Kishori Amonkar passes away at 84
- iPhone 7 goes red to help fight AIDS