Drive to discipline transports will continue
DHAKA : Road Transport and Bridges Minister Obaidul Quader today said the ongoing drive to discipline public transports will continue until they stop causing public sufferings in the capital.
“We initiated the drive to stop sitting service and to remove (extra) bumpers (extended structure used in trucks),” he told newsmen while witnessing a drive being carried out by regulatory Bangladesh Road Transport Authority (BRTA) at Tejgaon Satrasta intersection.
Quader, also Awami League General Secretary, said discipline will be restored solving indiscipline in transport sector in legal way while none will be spared in this regard.
Asked whether the decision to ban sitting service would cause rather enhance peoples sufferings he said “when everything could be brought under regulation, it won’t create any problem”.
“We are taking these actions to lessen passengers suffering,” he said.
More News »
- Rape charge: Actor Tanvir Tonu sent to jail
- Hidden sex lives of Iranians revealed in Cannes film
- Jacqueline to decide look for hosting Bieber in India
- Baahubali 2: The Conclusion (2017) Watch Online Hindi Dubbed Full Movie
- Lucky Akhand laid to rest
- Homage paid to Lucky Akhand
- Bubly returns home from hospital, to join shooting
- Photo Album: Shakib-Apu-Abram
- Everything kept secret for Apu’s career: Shakib Khan (Live)
- Shakib-Apu's secret marriage sparks web sensation
- Apu Biswas is my wife, Abraham my son: Shakib Khan
- Child’s mine, but I didn’t marry Apu: Shakib Khan
- Apu took 'Islam' to marry Shakib
- Apu Biswas Live with Shakib Khan's Baby
- Aamir not to release Dangal in Pakistan without national anthem