Dowry case filed against Arafat Sunny
Dhaka : Nasrin Sultana, who accused Bangladesh national team cricketer Arafat Sunny of uploading sensitive photos on social media, now filed a dowry case against the player and his mother Nargis Akhter.
Nasrin filed the case with Dhaka Metropolitan magistrate’s court (CMM) on Monday.
Judge Raihan Ahammed issued summoned against Arafat Sunny and his mother considering the case, where Nasrin claimed Arafat’s family demanded Tk 20lakh as dowry.
Earlier, on Sunday, police raided the home of the 30-year-old slow left-arm bowler in the Dhaka suburb of Aminbazar and arrested him after his Nasrin Sultana, claimed to his former wife, filed a complaint against him.
Earlier on 5 January, Nasrin Sultana filed a case against Sunny claiming she was married to him.
A Dhaka court on Sunday placed Bangladesh National Cricket team player Arafat Sunny on a day police custody in a case filed over blackmailing the woman through exposing her personal photos on social networking site Facebook.
Dhaka Metropolitan Magistrate Pranab Kumar Hui granted the custody for interrogation.
The spinner has played 16 one-day internationals, taking 24 wickets, and 10 Twenty20 internationals in which he picked up 12 wickets.
He was suspended from international matches during the 2016 ICC World Twenty20 for an illegal bowling action.
More News »
- Rape charge: Actor Tanvir Tonu sent to jail
- Hidden sex lives of Iranians revealed in Cannes film
- Jacqueline to decide look for hosting Bieber in India
- Baahubali 2: The Conclusion (2017) Watch Online Hindi Dubbed Full Movie
- Lucky Akhand laid to rest
- Homage paid to Lucky Akhand
- Bubly returns home from hospital, to join shooting
- Photo Album: Shakib-Apu-Abram
- Everything kept secret for Apu’s career: Shakib Khan (Live)
- Shakib-Apu's secret marriage sparks web sensation
- Apu Biswas is my wife, Abraham my son: Shakib Khan
- Child’s mine, but I didn’t marry Apu: Shakib Khan
- Apu took 'Islam' to marry Shakib
- Apu Biswas Live with Shakib Khan's Baby
- Aamir not to release Dangal in Pakistan without national anthem