Double suicide attack near Afghan parliament
International Desk, shadhinbangla24.com : Dozens of people have been killed and scores wounded in two suicide blasts near Afghanistan’s parliament in the capital, Kabul, according to officials, in an attack claimed by the Afghan Taliban.
Security officials said a suicide bomber blew himself up on Tuesday in the Darul Aman area of the city and was followed immediately by a car bomber in an apparently coordinated operation.
The blasts, which followed a period of relative calm in Kabul, tore through employees exiting a parliament annexe, which houses politicians’ offices, leaving the area littered with bloodied bodies.
A health ministry official told Al Jazeera the attack killed at least 30 people and wounded a further 80.
The Taliban said the attack targeted a minibus carrying staff from Afghanistan’s main intelligence agency, killing or wounding as many as 70 people.
The parliament complex has been a prime target for Taliban fighters. In June 2015, the group attacked the old parliament building, sending politicians running for cover in chaotic scenes relayed live on television.
Earlier on Tuesday, a suicide bomber on foot struck in the southern Helmand province, killing at least seven people, officials said.
The target of the attack was a guesthouse used by a provincial intelligence official in Lashkar Gah, the provincial capital.
No one has yet claimed responsibility for the earlier attack. (Source Al Jazeera)
More News »
- Twinkle’s Witty COMMENT on Karan- Kangana Fight
- ``Been inappropriately touched on Holi''
- Why midnight snacking is unhealthy
- Bad Dating Behaviors That Guys Really Hate
- 8 Reasons Why the Middle Child Is the Best Child
- Natalie Portman gives birth to a girl
- Shaon files case against Bunty
- Censor certificate ‘No Bed of Roses’ for Tisha, Irrfan Khan-starrer ‘Doob’
- Mahi’s self-proclaimed husband Shawon acquitted
- What good is playing female genitalia
- Baahubali 2: Prabhas, Anushka Shetty in artistic new poster
- Is your boyfriend secretly accessing your Facebook account?
- How to master the first date
- Madonna applies to adopt 2 kids
- Hollywood set for Oscars picks with no big surprises