Double suicide attack near Afghan parliament
International Desk, shadhinbangla24.com : Dozens of people have been killed and scores wounded in two suicide blasts near Afghanistan’s parliament in the capital, Kabul, according to officials, in an attack claimed by the Afghan Taliban.
Security officials said a suicide bomber blew himself up on Tuesday in the Darul Aman area of the city and was followed immediately by a car bomber in an apparently coordinated operation.
The blasts, which followed a period of relative calm in Kabul, tore through employees exiting a parliament annexe, which houses politicians’ offices, leaving the area littered with bloodied bodies.
A health ministry official told Al Jazeera the attack killed at least 30 people and wounded a further 80.
The Taliban said the attack targeted a minibus carrying staff from Afghanistan’s main intelligence agency, killing or wounding as many as 70 people.
The parliament complex has been a prime target for Taliban fighters. In June 2015, the group attacked the old parliament building, sending politicians running for cover in chaotic scenes relayed live on television.
Earlier on Tuesday, a suicide bomber on foot struck in the southern Helmand province, killing at least seven people, officials said.
The target of the attack was a guesthouse used by a provincial intelligence official in Lashkar Gah, the provincial capital.
No one has yet claimed responsibility for the earlier attack. (Source Al Jazeera)
More News »
- Rape charge: Actor Tanvir Tonu sent to jail
- Hidden sex lives of Iranians revealed in Cannes film
- Jacqueline to decide look for hosting Bieber in India
- Baahubali 2: The Conclusion (2017) Watch Online Hindi Dubbed Full Movie
- Lucky Akhand laid to rest
- Homage paid to Lucky Akhand
- Bubly returns home from hospital, to join shooting
- Photo Album: Shakib-Apu-Abram
- Everything kept secret for Apu’s career: Shakib Khan (Live)
- Shakib-Apu's secret marriage sparks web sensation
- Apu Biswas is my wife, Abraham my son: Shakib Khan
- Child’s mine, but I didn’t marry Apu: Shakib Khan
- Apu took 'Islam' to marry Shakib
- Apu Biswas Live with Shakib Khan's Baby
- Aamir not to release Dangal in Pakistan without national anthem