Diplomat Mohamed Mijarul Quayes passes away
DHAKA : Bangladesh Ambassador to Brazil and former Foreign Secretary Mohamed Mijarul Quayes died at a hospital in Bras¡lia, a Foreign Ministry spokesman told BSS.
“Mr Quayes was admitted to the hospital several days ago for ailments.
He breathed his last at 9 pm (Friday) Brazil local time and 6 am (Saturday) Bangladesh time,” the spokesman said without immediate elaboration.
A career diplomat, Quayes was a 1982 batch officer of Bangladesh Civil Service, who served as foreign secretary and other in capacities at home and abroad.
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina and President Abdul Hamid mourned his death recalling his contribution to the country’s foreign service, seeking divine blessings for his eternal peace and conveying their sympathy to the bereaved family members.
Foreign minister AH Mahmud Ali, State Minister Md Shahriar Alam and foreign secretary Md Shahidul Haque issued statements expressing their deep shock.
They also prayed for eternal peace of the departed soul and conveyed profound sympathy to the bereaved family members.
More News »
- সকাল বেলা যে খাবারে ছেলেদের বীর্যের পরিমান বেশি হয়। জানুন কিভাবে খাবেন। ছেলেদের জানা দরকার।
- Rape charge: Actor Tanvir Tonu sent to jail
- Hidden sex lives of Iranians revealed in Cannes film
- Jacqueline to decide look for hosting Bieber in India
- Baahubali 2: The Conclusion (2017) Watch Online Hindi Dubbed Full Movie
- Lucky Akhand laid to rest
- Homage paid to Lucky Akhand
- Bubly returns home from hospital, to join shooting
- Photo Album: Shakib-Apu-Abram
- Everything kept secret for Apu’s career: Shakib Khan (Live)
- Shakib-Apu's secret marriage sparks web sensation
- Apu Biswas is my wife, Abraham my son: Shakib Khan
- Child’s mine, but I didn’t marry Apu: Shakib Khan
- Apu took 'Islam' to marry Shakib
- Apu Biswas Live with Shakib Khan's Baby