Dhaka pays homage to Gulshan Café terror victims
Dhaka : People from all strata of life, including representatives of various political parties, diplomatic missions, various civil societies and police personnel are paying their respects to the victims who lost their lives in the Gulshan Holy Artisan Café attack.
Awami League General Secretary Obaidul Quader, Japanese Ambassador to Bangladesh Masato Watanabe, among others, have paid their homage to the victims of Dhaka attack.
The site of carnage in Gulshan has remained open for four hours from 10am to 2:00pm on Saturday for all to pay respect to the victims who were killed by militants.
The first anniversary of Gulshan Holy Artisan Café attack, the deadliest militant attack in Bangladesh’s history, is being observed in solemn remembrance of those who lost their lives.
On the evening of 1 July, 2016, five militants entered the Holy Artisan Café and Bakery with crude bombs, machetes, pistols, and took several dozen people hostages, including 18 foreigners.
Twenty hostages — nine Italians, seven Japanese, one Indian, one Bangladesh-born American and two Bangladeshis—were killed as the militants sprayed them with bullets indiscriminately or cut their throats to confirm their death inside the café.
Besides, two senior police officers — Banani Police Station then officer-in-charge Salauddin Ahmed Khan and Detective Branch assistant commissioner Robiul Islam — were shot dead when police tried to gain control of the bakery.
More News »
- সকাল বেলা যে খাবারে ছেলেদের বীর্যের পরিমান বেশি হয়। জানুন কিভাবে খাবেন। ছেলেদের জানা দরকার।
- Rape charge: Actor Tanvir Tonu sent to jail
- Hidden sex lives of Iranians revealed in Cannes film
- Jacqueline to decide look for hosting Bieber in India
- Baahubali 2: The Conclusion (2017) Watch Online Hindi Dubbed Full Movie
- Lucky Akhand laid to rest
- Homage paid to Lucky Akhand
- Bubly returns home from hospital, to join shooting
- Photo Album: Shakib-Apu-Abram
- Everything kept secret for Apu’s career: Shakib Khan (Live)
- Shakib-Apu's secret marriage sparks web sensation
- Apu Biswas is my wife, Abraham my son: Shakib Khan
- Child’s mine, but I didn’t marry Apu: Shakib Khan
- Apu took 'Islam' to marry Shakib
- Apu Biswas Live with Shakib Khan's Baby