Dewanbagi Pir’s condition unchanged
Dhaka : The physical condition of Dewanbagi Pir, a Muslim spiritual guide of Dewanbag Darbar Sharif in capital’s Motijheel area, has not improved yet, said United Hospital’s Public Relation Officer (PRO) Sajjadur Rahman Shubho on Sunday morning.
Sajjadur Rahman said Dewanbagi’s physical condition is still unchanged. He is now kept under the observation of Dr Nazmul Islam of the hospital.
Earlier, Sajjadur Rahman Shubho said Dewanbagi is suffering from infection in his lungs and brain according to medical reports.
He is not out of danger. However, he is improving very slightly, said Sajjadur Rahman.
Dewanbagi Pir was admitted into the hospital suffering from pneumonia on 5 February. Later he was taken to the ICU on 10 February afternoon after the deterioration of his condition.
According to Dewanbag Sharif’s website, Dewanbagi Pir’s name is Mahbub-e-Khoda. He is popularly known as Dewanbagi Pir. He, also a freedom fighter, was born on December 14, 1949, at Syed family of Bahadurpur village under Ashuganj in Brahmanbaria. The name of his father is Syed Abdur Rashid Sarker and his mother is Syeda Zobeda Khatun. He is the 6th among six brothers and two sisters. Dewanbagi Pir began his education at a primary school at nearby village of Sohagpur. Then he got admitted in Talshahar Karimia Alia Madrasah. He achieved the highest degree of Alia Madrasah. In 1969 he was made President of Joint Action Committee of Students comprising schools, colleges and madrasahs during the first phase of the Liberation Movement.
After the beginning of the Liberation War on 25 March in 1971, Dewanbagi Pir formed a team of volunteers with the members of the Students Action Committee and ensured food, shelter and security for the people driven out by the Pakistani occupation force. On April 11, 1971 he joined the camp of the freedom fighters at Brahmanbaria along with his 72 volunteers. In the first few months of the Liberation War, he, as the commander of a troop of freedom fighters under Sector No. 3, fought the occupation forces on different fronts. Later, at the headquarters of Sector No. 3 at Hejamura in India he used to administer the ‘attestation parade’ or oath taking ceremony. He led the Eid-ul-Fitr prayers at the Hejamura camp. In 1972, he at the advice of General AKM Shafiullah, Commander of the Sector No. 3, joined the post of ‘religious teacher’ in the 16th Bengal Regiment as he was an alem freedom fighter.
More News »
- সকাল বেলা যে খাবারে ছেলেদের বীর্যের পরিমান বেশি হয়। জানুন কিভাবে খাবেন। ছেলেদের জানা দরকার।
- Rape charge: Actor Tanvir Tonu sent to jail
- Hidden sex lives of Iranians revealed in Cannes film
- Jacqueline to decide look for hosting Bieber in India
- Baahubali 2: The Conclusion (2017) Watch Online Hindi Dubbed Full Movie
- Lucky Akhand laid to rest
- Homage paid to Lucky Akhand
- Bubly returns home from hospital, to join shooting
- Photo Album: Shakib-Apu-Abram
- Everything kept secret for Apu’s career: Shakib Khan (Live)
- Shakib-Apu's secret marriage sparks web sensation
- Apu Biswas is my wife, Abraham my son: Shakib Khan
- Child’s mine, but I didn’t marry Apu: Shakib Khan
- Apu took 'Islam' to marry Shakib
- Apu Biswas Live with Shakib Khan's Baby