Demand for building Bangabandhu Int’l airport at Arial Beel
DHAKA : Discussants at a roundtable in the city today demanded construction of the Bangabandhu International Airport at Arial Beel in Srinagar of Munshiganj district.
Urging all concerned to build public opinion in this regard, they said the activities over the construction of the airport at Arial Beel were postponed in the face of opposition by vested quarters.
The roundtable was organized by the Munshiganj Kagoj at VIP auditorium of Jatiya Press Club with the daily’s editor Mohammad Arfin in the chair.
Lawmakers Advocate Mrinal Kanti Das and Sagufta Yasmin Emily, Poura Mayor Faysal Ahmed Bipol, Bangladesh Federal Union of Journalist (BFUJ) General Secretary Omar Faruque and former lawmaker Shaheda Tareq Dipty Munshiganj, among others, addressed the meeting.
Omar Faruque said a vested quarter had previously opposed the construction of the airport at Arial Beel. But none would be able to prevent Prime Minister Shiekh Hasina from building the airport at the Arial Beel, he added.
More News »
- Rape charge: Actor Tanvir Tonu sent to jail
- Hidden sex lives of Iranians revealed in Cannes film
- Jacqueline to decide look for hosting Bieber in India
- Baahubali 2: The Conclusion (2017) Watch Online Hindi Dubbed Full Movie
- Lucky Akhand laid to rest
- Homage paid to Lucky Akhand
- Bubly returns home from hospital, to join shooting
- Photo Album: Shakib-Apu-Abram
- Everything kept secret for Apu’s career: Shakib Khan (Live)
- Shakib-Apu's secret marriage sparks web sensation
- Apu Biswas is my wife, Abraham my son: Shakib Khan
- Child’s mine, but I didn’t marry Apu: Shakib Khan
- Apu took 'Islam' to marry Shakib
- Apu Biswas Live with Shakib Khan's Baby
- Aamir not to release Dangal in Pakistan without national anthem