David Cameron joins roundtable discussion
Dhaka : Former British Prime Minister David Cameron attended a roundtable discussion with Bangladeshi civil society members, economists and business leaders here on Thursday.
The roundtable discussion, titled ‘Fragility, growth and development: Bangladesh’s progress’, began at a city hotel at 2:35pm. The Bangladesh chapter of International Growth Centre (IGC) hosted the roundtable.
Prominent economist Rehman Sobhan, Barrister Sarah Hossain, IGC Bangladesh Country Director Sultan Hafeez Rahman, Country Adviser Wahiduddin Mahmud, prominent businessman Saluddin Kashem Khan, Sujan man Badiul Alam Majumdar were, among others, present.
David Cameron is the chair of the Commission on State Fragility, Growth and Development.
The British politician will meet Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina at her official residence Ganobhaban at 10:00am on Thursday, said another official.
The Commission aims to generate innovative ideas to help tackle state fragility and state failure. Promoting inclusive growth in fragile and conflict situations is now a key priority for development.
Cameron was the Prime Minister of the United Kingdom from 2010 to 2016.
More News »
- সকাল বেলা যে খাবারে ছেলেদের বীর্যের পরিমান বেশি হয়। জানুন কিভাবে খাবেন। ছেলেদের জানা দরকার।
- Rape charge: Actor Tanvir Tonu sent to jail
- Hidden sex lives of Iranians revealed in Cannes film
- Jacqueline to decide look for hosting Bieber in India
- Baahubali 2: The Conclusion (2017) Watch Online Hindi Dubbed Full Movie
- Lucky Akhand laid to rest
- Homage paid to Lucky Akhand
- Bubly returns home from hospital, to join shooting
- Photo Album: Shakib-Apu-Abram
- Everything kept secret for Apu’s career: Shakib Khan (Live)
- Shakib-Apu's secret marriage sparks web sensation
- Apu Biswas is my wife, Abraham my son: Shakib Khan
- Child’s mine, but I didn’t marry Apu: Shakib Khan
- Apu took 'Islam' to marry Shakib
- Apu Biswas Live with Shakib Khan's Baby