Darul Ihsan University ordered to shut down
Dhaka : The appellate division of Supreme Court issued an order to shut down all activities of Darul Ihsan University (DIU) over ‘running certificate business’ by opening its branches in Dhaka.
A four-member appellate division bench led by Chief Justice Surendra Kumar Sinha issued the order on Wednesday.
The other members of the bench are, Justice Syed Mahmud Hossain, Justice Hassan Foyez Siddique, and Justice Mirza Hossain Haider.
The SC bench issued the closure order after rejecting an appeal petition submitted by the DIU authorities.
Attorney General Mahbube Alam, state prosecutor, said earlier, High Court ordered to shut down the activities of DIU due to several irregularities. Today (Wednesday) the appellate division upheld the HC order.
The order is a message for those, who are running certificate business, said Mahbube Alam.
Earlier, on 26 July 2016, the ministry of Education ordered the complete shutdown of DIU and outer campuses of other private universities following an HC decision on 13 April 2016 that declared the institutions’ academic activities illegal.
However, on 27 July, Education Minister Nurul Islam Nahid said the current students of the university can claim Tk 5 lakh each from the university as compensation.
In September 2014, the University Grants Commission (UGC) alerted students and guardians about admission into DIU and 48 outer campuses of 12 other private universities.
More News »
- সকাল বেলা যে খাবারে ছেলেদের বীর্যের পরিমান বেশি হয়। জানুন কিভাবে খাবেন। ছেলেদের জানা দরকার।
- Rape charge: Actor Tanvir Tonu sent to jail
- Hidden sex lives of Iranians revealed in Cannes film
- Jacqueline to decide look for hosting Bieber in India
- Baahubali 2: The Conclusion (2017) Watch Online Hindi Dubbed Full Movie
- Lucky Akhand laid to rest
- Homage paid to Lucky Akhand
- Bubly returns home from hospital, to join shooting
- Photo Album: Shakib-Apu-Abram
- Everything kept secret for Apu’s career: Shakib Khan (Live)
- Shakib-Apu's secret marriage sparks web sensation
- Apu Biswas is my wife, Abraham my son: Shakib Khan
- Child’s mine, but I didn’t marry Apu: Shakib Khan
- Apu took 'Islam' to marry Shakib
- Apu Biswas Live with Shakib Khan's Baby