Cristiano Ronaldo crowned FIFA best men’s player
Sports Desk, shadhinbangla24.com : Cristiano Ronaldo was named FIFA’s best men’s footballer of 2016 on Monday, the latest prize after a glittering year for the Portugal and Real Madrid star.
Ronaldo bested France’s Antoine Greizmann and long-time Barcelona rival Lionel Messi of Argentina for the honour.
Ronaldo had already won the Ballon d’Or after his third Champions League title, thanks in major part to his 16 goals in 12 games, as well as triumphing with Portugal at Euro 2016—the country’s first major prize.
‘2016 was the best year of my career,’ Ronaldo said after being handed the prize from FIFA President Gianni Infantino.
‘It was a year that was magnificent at a personal level and at a sports level,’ he added on the stage in Zurich.
The honour makes Ronaldo the first man to win the FIFA ‘Best’ men’s player distinction.
World football’s governing body has launched the new award series after ending its six-year collaboration with France Football magazine for the Ballon d’Or.
More News »
- Twinkle’s Witty COMMENT on Karan- Kangana Fight
- ``Been inappropriately touched on Holi''
- Why midnight snacking is unhealthy
- Bad Dating Behaviors That Guys Really Hate
- 8 Reasons Why the Middle Child Is the Best Child
- Natalie Portman gives birth to a girl
- Shaon files case against Bunty
- Censor certificate ‘No Bed of Roses’ for Tisha, Irrfan Khan-starrer ‘Doob’
- Mahi’s self-proclaimed husband Shawon acquitted
- What good is playing female genitalia
- Baahubali 2: Prabhas, Anushka Shetty in artistic new poster
- Is your boyfriend secretly accessing your Facebook account?
- How to master the first date
- Madonna applies to adopt 2 kids
- Hollywood set for Oscars picks with no big surprises