Cop suspended over assault on journalists
Dhaka : A police official was suspended in connection with assault on two journalists in Dhaka city during the half-day hartal enforced by the National Committee to Protect Oil-Gas, Mineral Resources and Port-Power on Thursday.
Contacted, Deputy Commissioner (Ramna Division) of Dhaka Metropolitan Police (DMP) Maruf Hossain Sorder said the action was taken against Assistant Sub-inspector (ASI) Ershad in connection with the assault, reports news agency UNB.
A three-member committee, headed by ADC (Admin) of Ramna Nabid Kamal, was also formed to probe the incident. The two other members are ADC Azimul Hoque and AC (Ramna) Ihsanul Hoque.
The committee has been asked to submit its reports within two working days.
The National Committee enforced the shutdown in the capital demanding cancellation of the Rampal power plant project near the Sundarbans.
Witnesses said ATN News reporter Kazi Ehsan Bin Didar and its cameraperson Abdul Alim were physically assaulted while performing their duty at Shahbagh intersection around 1 pm during the hartal.
They received treatment at Dhaka Medical College Hospital.
More News »
- Rape charge: Actor Tanvir Tonu sent to jail
- Hidden sex lives of Iranians revealed in Cannes film
- Jacqueline to decide look for hosting Bieber in India
- Baahubali 2: The Conclusion (2017) Watch Online Hindi Dubbed Full Movie
- Lucky Akhand laid to rest
- Homage paid to Lucky Akhand
- Bubly returns home from hospital, to join shooting
- Photo Album: Shakib-Apu-Abram
- Everything kept secret for Apu’s career: Shakib Khan (Live)
- Shakib-Apu's secret marriage sparks web sensation
- Apu Biswas is my wife, Abraham my son: Shakib Khan
- Child’s mine, but I didn’t marry Apu: Shakib Khan
- Apu took 'Islam' to marry Shakib
- Apu Biswas Live with Shakib Khan's Baby
- Aamir not to release Dangal in Pakistan without national anthem